Thursday, January 1, 2009

Mommy's Off

Well, you all probably knew that, didn't you? It's official now though, at least according to Collin. Collin has learned the difference between "up" and "down," and relishes driving his cars up the wall and down the wall. And, the other day, he learned the difference between turning a light on and off.

When he got up from his nap just now, he practised that on and off skill with a drum toy he has. On/off for a good ten minutes, shouting the words all along. Well, silly Mommy decided to sing him one of her trademark dumb songs while he gathered a story for her to read a few minutes later, which he normally loves and screams "more!" the minute she stops.

Instead, he strode over to her, examined her forehead closely between verses and promptly pressed his chubby little fingers between her eyes and pronounced that she is now "off." Yep, apparently her singing had gotten just that bad. My heart was admittedly, a little broken in that all to humorous moment. I'm pretty sure Bryon's still laughing at me, and he's still not out of the jokes about turning me back "on." Ha! Ha! Stupid men.

Alas, Collin's forgiven because he got cuter five minutes later playing peek-a-boo with a box. Yeah, he's that awesome.

Mommy, I'm sorry I turned you off...please forgive me. I'll earn your love back by being adorable with this box. Don't belive it can be done? Watch me!

No comments: