Friday, January 23, 2009

Ha-PEEE Day!

I'm not sure if it was the "big date" that brought on Collin's serious desire to go pee-pee in the potty, or if he was just tickled pink over the new hutch top that got delivered yesterday....

Yeah, I know it's thrilling. It's pretty, huh? I was so excited, I peed a little. I'm socking away the money for the matching corner china cabinet now. Don't ask me where we'll put it; but I want it. The only problem with the hutch is that there are so many shelves, I couldn't decide WHAT to put on them. We have enough stuff, but I couldn't decide how to arrange it! I was so overwhelmed with choices that I finally gave up until Bryon came home.


Anyway, I digress. When we got home from the mowie date, I had to pee because it's no fun to pee in public with Collin, as he likes to either peek under the stalls or touch everything in there. Alas, I held it until I got home. He was so enthused by my peeing, he desperately began pulling at his pants and begging to go pee-pee too! I ignored him. Shame on Mommy! I was in a hurry to take the dog for a desperately needed walk before it got dark, and we're ARE starting this 3-day potty odyssey on Saturday.

Well, he was pretty determined to make pee-pee in that potty yesterday. So, before bath time, he insisted that he had to go potty before I plunked him in the tub and sure enough, he plopped his little butt on the potty and without me even warning him to point that little "peesis" (which is what he calls his mini-Collin) down, he peed in the potty! Witness below...yes, I took pictures of it. I had to! Daddy wasn't here to see it! Can you really, really blame me? (splash guards are pretty ineffective, eh?)
Anyway, he got a present for it from the pee-pee Santa...which is what he called it. Yeah, I broke into the 3-day reward stash. When I jumped up and down and clapped and screamed for him, he looked at me like I was a lunatic, as if to tell me, "Mom, what's the big deal? Aren't I SUPPOSED to pee in this potty thing?" It was pretty anti-climactic, actually. But, the idea seemed to stick today, at least about the present. When he saw the horsey that he opened today, he called it pee-pee present and Santa horse. So, fingers crossed, the idea is settling in there.

P.S. He LOVED "Hotel for Dogs." He sat the whole time, quiet as a little church mouse and snuggled on my lap for a good portion of the movie, which I didn't mind one bit. So, a good snuggle movie and a pee in the potty; I can live with that for a day!

1 comment: