Thursday, January 8, 2009

Day of a (washed up) Rock Star

Last night, Collin totally, and I do mean totally, grooved to Bryan Adams in the car. He was clapping. He was head-bopping. He was singing. He was foot-stomping. It was rockin'! It was pretty cool for the Mommy up front because yes, I admit it, I'm a closet Bryan Adams fan...have been for years. I went to the concerts. I bought the T-shirt. Yep, I swayed to "Everything I do, I do it For You." Come on, people! It's a good song.

I digress. The song was, "Cuts like a Knife." Oh yeah and it DOES feel so right. Collin's favorite part is the Sha-na-na-na part. Surprise. Anyway, he's STILL singing it today. It's cool. So, he's living it up like a rock start today. All be it, a bit of a has been rock star of the eighties, and kind of semi-90's for those of us who hung on and were still loyal. And you know what? I challenge you NOT to sing along to "Summer of 69!" Try it!

So, this is what Rock Star Collin does with his days now that he knows he's totally cool...because Mommy told him he was...

He starts with a workout. Yep, he caught Mommy on the treadmill this morning because she (gasp!) slept in too late to work out before he got up. He thought the animals should work out too when she was done. Okay, well, before she was done, so he kept handing them to her to hold while she worked out. Not super helpful, mind you. But, when she was finally done, this is the result. Cute, no?

You should've seen it with his commentary: "yak...walk...sha-na-na-na...yak...go...sha-na-na! pig." Yep, he's pretty squeezable. P.S. because the Buffalo also has horns, he too, is a yak. In case you were wondering.
So, then it's off to the "pak." I guess no matter how big a rock star you are, you just can't buy "r's." Pretty tame play for a while...
Poking things with sticks....which by the way have taken the place of "cocks" for his dirty word. We used to say STicks; but we've resorted to calling them, you guessed it Dicks. Sometimes, we're lucky enough that it comes out ticks; but not usually.

Climbing trees....

Then, off in the distance...he thinks he spies something. Could it be? Maybe? Hmmmmmm...

GRACE!!! GRACE!!! Dear God, is that Grace! Check the flailing arms. She's a block away at this point, but it's like he's seen, jeesh, I don't know what would jazz up a 21-month old. I guess it would be my reaction if I saw a van driving around giving away unlimited free designer shoes in size seven.
Then, the play got fun. Seriously fun. Giggling, laughing and weee! This game of reach-thru-the bars and then DASH off went on for quite some time. What's fun about that? I don't know...ask a toddler. Apparently though, it's quite hilarious.
So, we go home and superstar decides it's time to learn to put on his own slippers. He comes tearing up to me shouting: Mama! Shoes! Mama! Shoes! You tell me what's wrong with this picture. Well, besides the fact that he's not wearing any pants. That happens in our house sometimes after a trip to the park. What?! I have a BOY! He sometimes gets stripped in the garage before coming inside because he's either soaked or covered in mud. I do put clothes on him before he goes to bed for nap...promise. It just seems silly to put pants on for lunch for him to shmear with food.
And the hives are slowly but surely receding. He's got a pretty gnarly looking batch on his arms still and new crop on his legs. But, we're optimistic that they will heal up by the weekend. Fingers crossed.

By the way...I do take a lot of pictures, don't I? I think it's some kind of sickness.

4 comments:

Jen R said...

Taking lots of pictures is part of the job discription of a Mommy...especially when the kids are as cute as Collin :-)

Annie Pennington said...

Okay...for starters you can NEVER take too many pictures! I mean have you yet to meet a mother who years after her child has passed milestones to later say, "Well, what a shame, I took so many photos, I captured just too many memories" LOL!!! NEVER! Better to capture more of Collin's preciousness than to NOT, that's for sure!!!

Oh and my GOSH does Bryan Adams ever rock. I don't think it gets any better than when he, Sting and Rod Stewart Rock out to "All for One and All for Love"...man, that's the GOOOOOOOOD stuff!

Karen Parke said...

I just love the picture of Collin with his shoes on the wrong feet. It looks like he was so proud of himself...putting on his own shoes. And Collin with "joy" at seeing his best friend Grace coming....thanks Rachel for the pictures.

I'm Erin. said...

Wow, that was a really bad reaction that still has hives hanging around! I never knew that hives got weepy too-- maybe it's leprosy ;) Of course, he's so stinking cute that I'd squeeze him anyway!