Thursday, January 15, 2009

Mommy Feels Better

Well, I feel mostly better. I've polished off two liters of water today and only had to pee once so I'm thinking that my dehydration level is still pretty high though (bet you all wanted to know that, didn't you?) Anyway, I can stand up straight and pick up the kiddo, so that's more than can be said for yesterday, thankfully for both of us. Collin was none too pleased to not be loved by the Mama character of this house.

If any of you heard high-pitched squealing yesterday, it was him every time Daddy opened the bedroom door to bring me more ginger ale or to ask if I needed anything else. That pesky little kid is fast on his heels and he knew where his Mama was hiding. He'd dash between his legs and scamper up to the side of the bed faster than I've ever seen him move. His pitiful cries for "Up! Up!" were pretty awful to behold. Considering I was wired to explode if anything came within two feet of me, it was not an option. I'm pretty sure that lawyer lady on the brochure wouldn't have made it past the security checkpoint in her courthouse with that thing on. Whatever.

Anyway, he's back to his old antics and Mommy's back to hers...sort of. I've only done three loads of laundry so far today and only vacuumed downstairs. Hey, what do you want from me! I'm sick(ish) still!

Gracie's house got sprayed for termites this morning so it was stinky over there. She came to play in the playroom and they got along very well. Gracie calls Collin's train and airplane track toy, the "loopty-loop-zoom toy". I couldn't have said it better myself. But, she does call his pretend chips, "smoke." So, she's a little weird there. Don't worry, real chips are called chips. Only pretend chips are called smoke.

Then, we went to the park where Collin was painfully cute playing in a tree. It's kind of shadowy, but you get the idea. Yep, so cute it makes your insides all gooey, huh? Maybe it's just my insides still gooey from yesterday.

And, I just had to try to capture the tomato that is my son when he's outside in the sun. Yes, I put sunblock on him. Yes, I've tried to get him to wear a hat. Yes, he sweats an unthinkable amount no matter how lightly I dress him. Yes, he gets the red face and the sweat glands from me. It's horrible, I know. It's awful. These pictures do not do it justice. I'll try for better ones tomorrow. The ridiculous thing is that I have to bring my liter bottle to the park too because he literally drinks his cup and THREE refills while he's there. Yes, THREE! Sometimes, it's two. But, most days, three. The kid is an animal. Thirty minutes after getting inside, the red cheeks are gone and the sweat is dry. He's just freaky like that. I get that way too when I'm hot. We're cursed. He's got his Daddy's ugly toes too so hopefully, he'll find a woman who loves ugly feet and sweaty hair.

P.S. that whole tomato-kid in the sun thing wasn't just a side-door way of rubbing in that it's still in the 80's and breathtakingly beautiful here. I swear.

No comments: