Monday, January 12, 2009

I love it here!

It's 86 degrees here today. Yep, 86 right now. Right this minute. That means that Collin is sleeping a la no pants because heck, it's too hot to sleep with pants. It means Mama is wearing a tank top, capris and sandals. It means that all the windows are open and she can smell the ocean breeze and it means that we're doing all this in JANUARY! January! I swear, this never gets old.

Apparently, no matter how warm he is...he needs a blanket. Heck, I'm that way too. I'm not so much a fan of one on my face, but hey, Collin and I are different people. What can I say? Maybe he knew I'd sneak in and try to take his picture and wanted to be prepared...what it's not like I've ever done it before, right?

And, we went to the park today; like every day. But, you know what else never gets old...the fact that I grew up where it's stinking freezing in January. So, while I can accept the fact that he probably doesn't need a coat, I just can't put shorts on the kid in January, despite the fact that he probably needed them. So, he was as red as a tomato. He was so hot. I rolled his shorts up and he looked like a total idiot. I'm so glad he doesn't know what torture I inflict upon his image on a regular basis.

They were rolled up high enough to be more than just high waters and to actually serve as kind of shorts...but they fell down progressively as play wore on and he just became a dork. Okay, he looked like a dork all along; but less like one.

It also rocks here because we can seriously enjoy this garage playroom all the time. We cracked the door a bit yesterday and the breeze cooled it right down and we had some story time. Do these guys look totally happy, or what? I mean seriously. It's such a pleasure to watch them together, especially when it means I don't have to read the story...again. Not that I don't enjoy the truck story or the barn story, AGAIN. But, don't you think Daddy should get to read it once in a while? Yep, me too.



This is Collin, showing Gracie how the train thing is done...you can't exactly see her in the picture; but she's here. Yeah, he had his girl over to his play room and she loved it. I got to hold baby Ben and made Bryon nervous. Every coo and sweet face I made went right to his head, making him think my uterus was swelling with hormones or something. Not to worry, no baby fever has struck me, despite the cuteness of baby Ben and how snuggly-wuggly he was. Collin even gave him a hug...which was adorable.

So, I'm trying to be positive today, in case you can't tell. Tomorrow starts another fasting day preparing for yet another "cleanse" for what I hope is the final tummy test. I'm getting to be pro at these stupid tummy tests. This one should be it though. This "cleanse" will be friendlier than the first one, as it is the same as the last one and that one was much more "pleasant," if that's possible. Seriously, the worst part is not being allowed to eat anything solid. You get so hungry! I mean honestly, broth! Yum! If only my china bowls were delivered. Maybe that would help.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

you want to think about where we were last january? i don't! that's the place-we-don't-speak-of.