Monday, December 1, 2008

Get A Haircut!

A very horrible thing occurred to me today. The very horrible thing was that there is a very horrible man roaming the streets of California and he should be stopped! Stopped I tell you!

We went to Disneyland again yesterday. I know, I know, we should just keep a place there, maybe in the castle or something. Anyway, we were in line at the Haunted Mansion (my FAVORITE!) and this guy leaned over and asked me:
"Have you cut his hair yet?"

Exhibit A: Collin's Hair as of yesterday...the time of said incident...Only he's on "It's a Small World" here, where we learn about peace, acceptance and understanding of one another...stupid guy!
I didn't take it personally at the time. In fact, I just laughed and played with Collin's hair and we had a friendly conversation about how I'm crazy and simply CANNOT do it. No! Bryon laughed and said how he values his marriage so he's not done it behind my back and then this man proceeded to tell us how he cut his son's hair as a present to his wife on Mother's Day, saving the first lock of hair on a frame. He kept sort of leaning in towards Collin, insinuating that this would be a good idea.

So, we went on about our way, having the fast pass to the front of the line and left this horrible, horrible man behind us. I went on about my life, playing with Collin's precious curls and forgot about him until today. Then it dawned on me...what a butthead!

Okay, Collin's hair is long. I get it. It's not THAT long. Yes, it goes over his ears on the sides. Yes, it's over his collar in the back. You know what though, it's not like it's in a ponytail. And, it's not over his eyes. And, hey I didn't say anything about the fact that your kid wanting to wear a football jersey so badly that it was so big on him, it looked like he was wearing a dress, did I? So back off, buddy!

Exhibit B: Collin at lunch. And, clearly happy with his hair!
I know I have to cut the kid's hair. I know it's imminent. I know that it will be sooner than later. I know. I know. I know. I just don't want to do it. I don't want to think of it. Our neighbors cut their son's hair a few weeks ago and he looks like he's nineteen now! He's only one! ONE!

Can't I go one more week with those sweet curls above his ears and at his neck? I'm pretty sure that he doesn't look like a hippie just yet. You be the judge.

Okay...so his hair looks a little "feathered" here. It works on Jon Bon Jovi doesn't it? Besides, I think it stayed out of his face long enough to eat that Churro piece in his hand...Okay, he didn't eat it. He held it.

This is Collin and Mommy outside the Haunted Mansion...before Mr. Horrible assaulted us with his words.

2 comments:

Jen R said...

I think Collin's hair looks good...he can totally pull off the free hair vibe (unlike Austin who MUST get his hair cut every 4 weeks, by his very own mother of all people)! I don't know what I would do if I came over and he had a hair cut???? That could be a writing job in itself...the reaction of said haircut by all his friends :-)

I'm Erin. said...

I'm with you-- Josh keeps telling me we need to cut Derek's hair and I keep resisting. They look so much older after the baby hair is gone :(
ps-- Derek likes hats or else they'd never stay on. He puts them on and then gives the biggest grins as if to say "I know I'm cute in a hat."