Friday, December 26, 2008

I'm Dreaming of a...Wet Christmas

Yep, no snow. The day turned out to be totally rainy and overcast here and I loved it. Since it rarely rains and it certainly isn't going to snow, it was pretty cool. I think this picture sums up our family reaction to rain. Daddy is bummed because he wishes we lived somewhere cold in the winter. Those McClain kids (Robyn included) love the idea of snow, and Mommy is geeked because it's neat-o to have rain once in a while but totally thrilled that it's way too hot to rain. What a wonderful day!

Collin has spent the better part of the day still enjoying the heck out of his playroom. It's hilarious because while the "big" toys in there are all new, most of the other toys are all things we'd had forever, but boxed up and stuck out there for a sort of "toy rotation" plan Bryon set up. He'd gotten bored with the toys he had inside and stopped playing with all of them, so we started doing a trade off, keeping some in storage and rotating through them. So, most of the stuff out there is old news; but it's suddenly cool beans again. Whatever, it's keeping him entertained.

I never did tell you all that Bryon is the coolest hubby ever. He got me the watch that I've been begging for forever and horseback riding lessons. It sounds kind of crazy but every time we drive by the ritzy neighborhood and we see the money people riding their horses, I say how much I'd like to learn to ride a horse. For some reason, which is beyond me, he tends to listen to what I say. What a surprise to see that certificate. Cool, huh? I think I'll wait until my bottom feels a bit better to try that out though. Still, I'm totally excited to try it...and scared! Horses are huge! Of course, if you listen to Collin, horses are cows and cows are horses. I'm convinced he just says that to annoy me.

And, aside from that, Bryon agreed, begrudgingly, that we could order the top for our buffet and make us a full-fledged hutch-owning family. His mom convinced him that we should own one. Cool to have his mom on my side on that one, especially since it also involved her ganging up with me to convince him that aside from the Christmas Spode china she's started me on, that I should own other china. So, we ordered some...just a start. We've got a ways to go on the collecting. Still, now I've got half the place settings for Christmas and half for other. If you want to eat a fancy dinner at my house and you bring more than yourself and your partner, too bad, we'll only have four plates. Oh yeah, and ignore that we'll be serving you out of normal stuff because we're still working on getting the other stuff too, like the serving bowls and platters. It takes time to get that stuff, and I'm looking forward to the collecting. But, all the same, a pretty good Christmas. At what age do we go from being excited to get a toy to being totally enraptured excited to be getting plates? Seriously, I can't wait for the UPS guy to get here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He is such a lovely kid...