Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Collinator...and Daddy's back!

What? With a state where the Ahnold is Governor, I can't make that joke? Come on, people? I couldn't decide whether to make a joke about Mommy's backfield injury and somehow tying that into daddy coming "back" or stick with the cute Collinator picture we took with Collin's sudden obsession with his sunglasses. I figured Collin is way cuter than my butt any day.

Anyway, Daddy's back! Yaaay! And his TDY next week has shrunk (not the same for my butt....still the same size). Anyway, he'll only be gone one day. Wheee! So, that leaves me only one day to severely injure or maim myself or become deathly ill. Seems to be my M.O. of late while he's gone; so, I'm thinking this time, I'll get typhoid or malaria. What do you think?

But, over the weekend of reunion we went to the base holiday party and had a date night. It was fun. Bryon laughed at me because due to the spouses club, I think I might've known more people there than he did! Collin enjoyed his babysitters again. He loves those gals, I swear. He's such a cad. I think he was straight pimpin' his holiday sweater from granny. He looked like a total stud if I do say so myself. He's so stinking cute in this thing, I'm afriad to take him out in public for fear we'll be mobbed by talent scouts that are probably lurking around every corner to snatch up the next baby Gap model. We DO live near L.A. It CAN happen, right?

And, we put up Christmas lights. I was uber clingy to Daddy this weekend. So we were outside with him watching. What can I say, I missed Daddy? Anway, we "helped" by watching and trying not to knock over the ladder. Collin got his first lessons in ladder safety too! Maybe Daddy should take some safety lessons too...like no sandals on ladders! But you know Daddy, sandals every day...no matter what!


And Mommy and Daddy learned that he can say, "rocks," "wagon," "ride," and "walk." Apparently, he's been holding out on us. Yep, all those words came out on their own as he handed me rocks to put in a bowl and demanded that we take him on a wagon ride, and the dog for a walk. Hmmmmm, I think he CAN talk and just doesn't!

So, that's the weekend for you...pretty fun. I'm currently baking a chocolate cherry loaf to take over to the holiday tour of homes that the spouses club is sponsoring on Fort Mac of the homes along the parade grounds. Should be a fun event. Me, if someone wanted to "tour" my decorations, they'd take all of about six seconds...oooh tree! Wait, is that a Star
Trek ornament? Why yes...thanks to my collector family who carefully preserved them in boxes :)

1 comment:

Jen R said...

We can give you Star Trek ornament a run for its money, we have nearly the whole collection of Star Trek and Star Wars!! I won't even go into the complete set of Snoopy that we have on our tree!

I hope you manage to stay healthy while Bryon is gone for that one day...but if not, you know where we are at :-)