Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Revelations


Look everyone! It's raining! You'd think that's not news to most people, but it's pretty cool around here!

Things have dawned on me in the past twenty-four hours that I thought I'd share with you...nothing in particular and in no particular order. So, this is random thoughts starting with our trip to Costco last night.


-Costco wrapping paper is awesome! You could wallpaper your bathroom with this stuff if you had to. I was hesitant to spend $10 a roll on wrapping paper; but jeesh, I wrapped all our gifts and the roll was still only half gone and boy, you can't see through that stuff. What do they make their paper with? And, as a side note, Bryon was pretty certain the pattern he picked was okay until I pointed out that all stars and candles are not equal, some of them being Stars of David and Menoras after all and since we're not Jewish, the wrapping paper would be sort of weird.

-Costco stinks at holiday time...like really. It's so crowded. Even on Tuesday night. Even in Torrance, not L.A. proper. What in the world are people buying? Okay, we were there too, but no excuse for everyone else in the city to be there.

-I get my way a lot. We perused the cameras upon entry and "debated" the pros and cons of the expensive model and the less expensive model. I crinkled my nose at the cheaper one and we decided to shop around and then make a decision. Well, what do you think happened? Yep, got the nice one. I didn't have to twirl my hair, bat my eyes or anything. Hey! I'm the one that uses the darn thing EVERY day, right? Anyhoo, broken camera replaced so huzzah, more pictures of Collin.
-Collin is awesome. While waiting for Daddy to bring us our In-N-Out burgers, we sat in the car and had a little chat. Collin bit his own hand and looked up and said, "ow...bite...tace...park...no!" So, unless you know better, "tace," means Grace. But, the point is, we haven't talked about biting in a few days and it's been about a week since the incident, but he still obviously remembers it and FINALLY figured out that it's not so cool. Neat, huh? I have a pretty smart cookie there.

-I want a wife. As I wrapped presents at warp speed today, and with Martha Stewart finesse of cool bows, I realized that without me, that wouldn't get done in time for gift exchange with the grandparents this weekend. And, there will be dinner on the table and all that other crap I do. Every once in a while, it hits me the stuff wives and moms do without being asked and I think it'd be cool to have one of us to ourselves...and the worst part is that at the end of today, I'm going out to play Bunco with the spouses group and although I'm totally going to have fun, half of me feels guilty for leaving Bryon alone with the stinkpot because I know he's been totally exhausted, being in class all week for long days.

-I want to continue dating my son. Every morning now, he gets up and asks, "date?" Today, he managed to finagle a three word sentence, his first. He said, "date, go yes?" So, I figure that's worthy of a reward...another date! I told Bryon we should take him, as a family this time, maybe tomorrow to another movie. So, I'm pretty sure I'll be sitting through Bolt again...anything for that kid. Every time we get in the car now, he shouts, "DATE!" I feel like I'm letting him down so greatly when we pull into the supermarket lot.

Alas, I'm learning the ropes of the camera so enjoy the random shots of nothing, and of Collin playing with Grace today. They were dancing with her mechanical snowman.

No comments: