Saturday, November 29, 2008

Stupidhead

No, I'm not calling you names. I'm mad at me. More specifically, I'm mad at my head. It's nearly eleven a.m. and this is the first time I've sat upright today, not counting the forty seconds I got up this morning, dragging myself on Bryon's arm to the potty with my eyes closed so I wouldn't barf. Yep, that's right, another migraine.

I should expect them this time of year. Usually from about Halloween until about New Year's, I get smacked with a fair number of bad, whopper ones. They just really suck. I tend to ignore them as long as humanly possible, pretending that my head isn't about to actually crack in half and spill my brains onto the carpet. Pretty much, I find this the best strategy because otherwise, I'd miss half the season lying on the couch.

But today, I'm going to wallow; because today I'm missing the tar pits! Bryon and Collin went anyway. I wouldn't hear of them staying home with me. There's no way I could ignore this one, it was too bad. Besides, I think I'm a little hopped up on pain meds and I'm so enamored with the tar pits, what if I actually tried to jump in! You never do know, right? People do silly things.

I tell you what though, I'm GOING to Disneyland tomorrow though. Hubby is leaving Monday for a week, then the following Monday for a week, then the following Monday he starts some class that keeps him extra late at work for a week; so we need some good family time.

I did get a feel better kiss this morning though. Mr. Collin came dashing in because he missed me and as soon as he saw me, he rubbed his little face against my hand draped over the side of the bed and then kissed it. Who teaches boys this kind of stuff? Seriously, it's so heartmelting. I'm pretty sure that the narcotics aren't what made my head feel better this time, it had to be the kiss!

No comments: