Friday, December 12, 2008

Phew!

Well, we did lots of talking to Mr. Collin about the whole biting thing. But, since Collin's response to EVERY question is "yesh," it's pretty hard to get much of a straight answer out of the guy.
Mommy: Are you going to bite your friends anymore?
Collin: Yesh
Mommy: No! (explanation to follow) So, do we bite our friends?
Collin: Yesh
Mommy: slaps own forehead (and kinda wishes it were cool to slap Collin's after the tenth time we have this conversation)

By the end of the evening, Daddy gave it a go. He got no further.

Daddy: Did you bite Gracie?
Collin: Yesh
Daddy: Did it make her sad?
Collin: Yesh
Daddy: Do you want to make her sad?
Collin: Yesh.
Daddy: No you don't. You don't want to hurt her, right?
Collin: Yesh.
Daddy: ugh.

So, we gave up and ate dinner (yaaay dinner says Collin), which Collin enjoyed greatly...not. Apparently, no one in the house enjoys beef stroganoff as much as Daddy. In fact, I'm pretty sure no one enjoys it all as much as Daddy. Seriously, do sour cream and meat belong together? I think not? Blech. Okay, it wasn't that bad. It's just the thought of it that irks me.
Collin was irked by the fact that he wasn't allowed a second helping of bread until he actually swallowed his dinner, instead of just chewing it up and then spitting it back out. What? You mean that doesn't count as eating? Tell that to those skinny chicks in L.A. who indulge in cheesecake that way.
But, the real test of all our talking about the biting incidents came at the park today when mommy hovered over him like a hawk for the first hour afraid to leave him at mouth distance from anyone else for more than a second. I know, I'm crazy! But, I don't want to be that mom, the one who should've been paying more attention, you know?

Alas, no biting. Not even when there was tension over toys or games. Wheee! All better for today. I praised him like crazy for it all the way home and kissed him like mad. Probably not the best idea since he hates that. I love it anyway, so too bad. I got rewarded for all my punishing kisses with super hugs before nap, so he must've forgiven me. Gosh I love those super hugs. They get longer and longer every day. I think he's learning to love me. What is better than hugs from a little boy that last into the mintues range?

Oh yeah, and he made up a song today...it's a two part harmony with Mommy that requires the knowledge of barnyard noises.

Mommy: mooo-moo-mooo-mooo
Collin: Neeeeeiiighhh!
Mommy: mooo-mooo
Collin: Neeeiiighh!

Guess you have to be here to hear that one, but if you were, you'd know it's pretty rockin'! I think he was inspired by his rock star shirt from Mommy that says he's an angel! And, if you mess it up, he gets pretty ticked off because it's got to be just right. You know how picky toddlers can be!
P.S. Feel bad for Daddy because he had to stay up last night making a carnival game out of cans and dirt last night for his Christmas party at work today. Working hard for Uncle Sam, huh? Still, it stunk for Daddy and for Mommy becuase he got dirt on her table and she was annoyed. Is this what he's gone TDY all the time working on? I swear!

No comments: