Thursday, April 23, 2009

Whole Lot A Shakin' Goin' On!

Mama always takes a deep breath and braces herself when she decides to take the boy to Disneyland solo. It's not that it isn't the happiest place on earth. It isn't that I don't get choked up every time I take him through the gate because it's so overwhelming to share such a great time with him. It's just that it can be exhausting to take a toddler by yourself. Still, the fun outweighs the work.
The day may not have been off to the greatest start. Okay, I'm exaggerating. He only had one time out; and, I must admit that taking a picture of him smack in the middle of it sort of distracted him and made him giggle, thus defeating the punishment. But, it was way too cute.

Anyway, we made it to Disneyland and the day rocked. We rode something we never rode before, the little horse drawn buggy that goes down main street. Collin thought that Kaleb, our horse was pretty cool. I attempted the whole "extended arm" photography thing. I'm fairly impressed with myself. I'm also impressed with the bags under my eyes. Collin woke up at 2 am last night to wet the bed, and stayed up for thirty minutes to cry about me changing the sheets. (we're working on underwear at night just for the heck of it...why not? He's stayed dry for the most part).

Alas, what's more fun than a real horse? Why, a fake one of course! This would be Collin on the carousel. Can you tell he likes it?

I learned something about Collin today too...that he's tall! Well, the Disneyland definition of tall enough, that is. He's officially tall enough to ride the smallest coasters there. So, we stood in line for the coaster in toon town. Oh, how excited he was. Oh, how excited Mommy was. It was more cool than I can describe. Then, literally as our feet were about to hit the car, the little voice on the big speaker made us get back off. Apparently, there was an earthquake that we didn't feel. When that happens, all the rides at Disneyland are shut down and inspected by engineers for safety, especially roller coasters. The roller coasters take the longest to re-open, like three to four hours. Since it was almost 6 o'clock, we went home. Pooh! Next time! I guess we'll share that experience with Daddy too!

Collin and I will just have to share the teacups again as one of those "Mommy and Me" only memories, I guess! (Seeing as how they make Daddy barf!)

It's pretty obvious who's stronger stomach Collin inherited...no barfy barfy for Collin. Oh, and look who had to buy a new sweatshirt today. When the weather report says 70s, Mommy didn't predict having to bring a sweatshirt. I think he looks cute!

2 comments:

Jen R said...

It looks like a blast was had by all! We will have to add that to the list of things we have to do with you guys once Neal buys us our annual passes (we are going to have them by May 8)!!!

Karen Parke said...

Looks like you had a great day together. How lucky Collin is to have been to Disneyland so many times already! I bet everyone sleep very well last night.