Monday, April 6, 2009

What Mama Missed...and What She Didn't

I've had a migraine off and on now for over two weeks. It finally got the better of me this weekend. It's been so bad, that I've decided that a headache this bad needs a name. It's a force of it's own, something to be reckoned with. I have named her, Penelope. I figure it's one of those names that is unique, right? The kind of name that is kind of weird and if you have a sore throat, hurts to say. So, I think it fits. Penelope ruined my weekend.

Gramps and Nana visited and I didn't see them...mostly, because I played rude hostess and stayed in bed. Blah. I missed out on the train museum.

Does this look like fun, or what?


I mean, a whistle! A whistle! How could that have made my head hurt worse? Don't worry, he got to bring it home with him; so, I didn't miss much of that part of the train museum.

I managed NOT to miss chili dinner, which is Collin's favorite. Since I felt like BARF from Penelope messing with my entire body, I ate chicken soup while everyone else enjoyed what looked like barf. Collin, however thoroughly enjoyed his helping.

I did miss the tide pool walk the next day though. Sad, sad, sad. Collin brought me a rock...which he's now stolen back to carry around in, you guessed it, his garbage truck.

Unfortunately, I also missed "dressing Collin," in the morning as well. Apparently, when Mommy's sick, nothing gets done correctly. Seriously, do these pants look like they fit? It's a good thing I showed up when I did or he would've made it out of the house like this. Note for Gramps and Dada: Boys do NOT wear Capri pants.

Just before I took my zillionth nap of the weekend, Daddy decided to wash the car! I almost missed it! I was shocked, SHOCKED I tell you. Why? Maybe because it's been a year since he last washed my car. I think he got the idea from Gramps who washes his car regularly (like brushing teeth regularly...maybe because his car is soooo purty).

Alas, Gramps and Nana had to leave this morning...which meant Dada went back to work, of course, and I was alone again with Collin (and Penelope, who decided to stick around). It was nice to hang out with Collin just the two of us again. We started the morning by putting stickers on just about EVERYTHING in sight, including ourselves. It sounds like a lot less fun than it was (i.e. it was a freaking blast). He thought it was great!

And, by our fourth outfit change of the day (and no, not because he wet himself, but because he was THAT filthy that many times) I was in so much pain, I relented and let my neighbor take him for the rest of the afternoon until Bryon got home. I'm off to the doctor tomorrow for more medicine and to see if I can get my other medication adjusted. I think I'll leave Penelope out of the discussion, lest he refer me to another doctor, the kind that runs the looney bin.

But, I thought Collin looked so cute getting ready to go to the neighbor's house, I had to take a picture...he had his little sack packed with a snack and some spare underwear and pants. It was adorable to see him carrying it. He looked like a big boy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

In our defense, the pants Collin almost wore to the train museum – the “capri” blue jeans, looked better than the yellow and green shirt with blue plaid shorts for his visit next door. I think Penelope must have picked out that combination. We're clothes connoisseurs....

gramps

Karen Parke said...

Your neightbor Kari is such a blessing. I hope that today you get some help from the doctor. So sorry that you missed Bryon's dad and Mary's visit. Feel better Rachel. I love you.

Rachel said...

Okay...Penelope picked out the plaid and yellow BECAUSE, I was on the eighth load of laundry by that point for the day and I couldn't find a blue shirt. It looked okay, not great, but okay. Bryon came home and said, "Collin looks really cute!"