Thursday, April 9, 2009

Mommy Needed Comfort

We hung out in the crib for the last time....
Yeah...it was fun!
Apparently, despite my wiping all my tears before he could see me and my hiding my despair as best as I could while we set up the big boy bed, Collin could feel my sadness and decided to help me out the only way he knew how during his bedtime stories tonight.

Photogenic, aren't I? Despite the hideousness of how gigantic my nose looks in this picture and the gorgeous nature of my hair, I decided to share this tender moment with the world anyway because I just melt at my sweet son.

Anyway, he was beside himself as we set up his bed. It's not finished yet, and at this moment looks like a flophouse setup at the Y with standard issue plain bedding. We have the rest of his stuff on order but figured we'd give him the start anyway. Bryon broke the railing setting it up but what the hey, maybe he won't fall out. We put my old preggo body pillow next to him instead. He looks pleased with the setup anyway.

Still, the jazz of the setup has worn off for him now that he's actually IN there alone with the big boy bed. I've lost track of how many times I've been summoned into the royal chamber now to address various issues: the first of which was that he could still SEE his garbage man and wanted to hold him. Yeah, garbage man went to bed in the closet. I'm looking so forward to the adjustment period.

1 comment:

Karen Parke said...

Big step for Collin...he will do fine. I think mommy could use a hug to help her adjust !!