Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hoppy Easter!

We aren't necessarily what you'd call "Easter" people. Sure, we like candy. We like bunnies. We like fuzzy, baby chicks and cute kids all dressed up; but, anyone who knows us very well knows that we don't really "do" the whole church business very well. We're cool with it but it's not our show. Anyway, the extent of our Easter celebration consits of seeing how big our Peanut keeps getting in comparison to his first picture with the Easter Bunny. This is a joke because he was supposed to miss his first Easter by a few weeks but of course he was WAY too early and showed up in plenty of time. Still, Bryon deemed the Easter Bunny's lap at the mall a lap-o-germs for a baby that was born semi-pre-term and freaked out when I thought a picture would be oh so cute. Anyway, it started this tradition.


Thanks to Grandpa and Nana Debby for providing us with our home Easter Bunny for yearly use. I don't know what we'll do when Collin gets old enough to actually want to see the "real?" Easter bunny at the mall. This is just way more fun, I think.

Whoa, what a difference a year made...I thought I would couldn't be anymore shocked after this shot; that was, until this year.

What does this kid eat? I mean, seriously? Who told him he could grow THAT BIG!! And, what really, really got me was remembering that the year before we had to snap, snap, snap those pictures really quick before he scampered away or put the bunny in his mouth still. This year, I gave him a direction: sit here and give me "ham and cheese." Know what? He did it! Sure, it's a dorky face with eyes closed. Sure, it looks weird. Sure, I still had to snap the picture at light speed because I had ONE chance before he was off like lightening to something else. But you know what? It was an awesome change from the year before; both because it was awe inspiring and because it was cool (and becasue I still melt for ham and cheese).

Collin got a kick out of Easter at the park, by the way. I think any holiday that combines candy and the out of doors is going to be thumbs up in his book. He actually ate his first piece of candy while it was still wrapped. We couldn't get it out of his grubby little fingers in time to remove the foil; so, we had to perform a Hershey kiss foil extraction from his mouth. He was covered in melted chocolate drool within seconds of our arrival. We had the classiest looking kid there. I was proud.

He has braved up about bouncy houses since Austin's birthday parties too. Maybe he remembered they were cool; or, maybe he thought it was cool becasue Gracie was there. Whatever the case was, it was hard to keep him out of there for long, which was something I recommended after he ate not only his lunch but a good portion of Gracie's.

1 comment:

Karen Parke said...

Looks like Collin had a very fun day......