Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I Couldn't Decide

Collin's been a poopie head today. Let me qualify that statement with some explanation. He threw a forty-five minute tantrum that revolved around my not giving him a piece of bread. He hid in the closet to pee his pants during nap time (AFTER he refused to go). He has named ever body part imaginable prefaced by the words "boo boo," pretty much endlessly all day long in the whiniest voice possible and he's a dripping wet faucet of drool, snot and tears all at once. Still, I'm in love with him. Who wouldn't be with this going on?

Despite the description of his craptacular day, he's had these moments of awesomeness.

He gave me so many ham and cheese smiles when I whipped out the camera to capture this moment of "mama shoes on!" that I couldn't pick which picture was the best one.



Could you?

Seriously, these are the best. He's such a cutie pie. (In case you are wondering, Daddy's gone again, and when he's gone, pants are apparently optional around here.)


I decided to forgive him, even for the pee pee incident. I know it's just because he doesn't feel good. That's the first time he's done that. Still, it made me angry enough to for the ultimate punishment for him. Pacifiers all gone!

They are in "the trash." Well, he thinks they are. They are in a coffee cup in the cupboard. I've vowed not to give in tonight when he wails. I didn't give them back for the rest of his nap, despite the fact that he refused to go back to sleep. I didn't give in the rest of the day today, despite the forty-five minute tantrum and I've not given in for all our trips to the potty. It's involved a lot more positive clapping and a few more cookie rewards to remind him that sure, he's capable of peeing without something in his mouth, but I think we'll make it past this hump. It'll be nice to get rid of that darn thing. Wish me luck tonight.
Oh, and wish me luck with base maintenance. Anyone who's ever lived in base housing knows how bad we need it. I have a hole in my house! I took a bath last night and Bryon came in and yanked me out by the hair to show me that the tub water was leaking out downstairs into the kitchen! Okay, he didn't pull me out by the hair; he gently asked me to get out so the tub didn't come crashing through the floor. Still, maintenance was reluctant to remove the drywall to fix the moldy gross mess. They thought just fixing the leaky overflow valve was enough. Grrrr.

1 comment:

Karen Parke said...

Those pictures of Collin in your shoes were just too cute for words! Grandma can't thank you enough for these daily updates. I hope that he did OK without his pacifier last night.