Thursday, April 30, 2009

A New View of Manny

I've decided that I hate sitting outside like a weird-o waiting for the garbage man. Maybe it's just me; but, it's occurred to me that I don't totally enjoy sitting on the curb at dawn to wait for trash collection. There are lots of reasons for this:

1. It's cold
2. I'm beginning to wonder if the trash man thinks it's actually me who is waiting for him and the kid is a cover
3. It's boring to wait for him to come back around the cul-de-sac
4. The neighbors think I'm weird
5. Collin gets filthy while we wait because we have no grass
6. It smells like trash next to the cans
7. Half the time, I'm still in my PJs too...that's fun for the neighbors to see (see 4)
8. I just don't get it!!?? Garbage truck, hydraulics, woo-hoo? Can we move on now?
9. He arrives at unpredictable times, meaning sometimes I have to drag the kid from his breakfast chair out there, covered in food and we look like white trash on the curb just so we don't miss him. (aka covered in food, filth and in PJs...nice...see 4)
10. I'm sick of it!!!

Alas, I've devised a plan. It's wacky. It's crazy. It's out there. It just might work. A chair in front of the window!! Collin can see the garbage man from the window, and he can see him all the way down the cul-de-sac and back! It's better than before. The greatest part is we don't have to go outside and I can continue on with my life indoors! Wheee! How great is that!? He was a little displeased when he drove out of sight, but otherwise it went well.

1 comment:

Karen Parke said...

Looked like Collin really had to go potty...hope he made it in time.