Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Not a Picture of the "Poop Incident"

So, Collin takes his poops alone. I think this is a good quality of his. It means I don't have to put in grunt time with him and I can go about my business while he goes about his. It means I have to put in minimal time with the stink too; just a bit of dumping the, well, dumps, into the big toilet when he's done and some wiping. I can handle that. He's always done remarkably well with this procedure...until today.

Today, when I heard the grunting cease, as is my cue to enter and begin wiping, I was appalled at the scene. In the few seconds it took me to stop washing dishes and make it to the bathroom to commence the wiping procedure (no, I don't leave him alone in there for GADS of time), he'd made a Jackson Pollack of himself with poop. It was beautiful really, if you are into that kind of abstract art with feces. He picked his poop up out of the potty, rubbed it all over his leg, on his face, in his hair. It is the stuff of legend really. The best part? The tantrum he threw when I insisted on washing it off. Or wait, maybe the best part was that in the midst of this, he decided to sit down on my lap before I had a chance to wipe his bottom. That was pretty awesome too.

So, I leave you with the glory that I did NOT decide to take a picture of this blessed event. Instead, I decided to take a picture of him being cute today. Grandparents, this is the grandson you love and miss, not the one you are glad you weren't here for today.
See, he was pretty fun after he got out of the wading pool this afternoon. He's naked under this towel, by the way; which is totally adorable because he decided that getting dressed was overrated after swimming and wanted to let it all hang out for a while. Mommy, however, decided that shades were NOT actually appropriate dinner attire and made him put clothes on.

I also nixed his idea of wearing his underwear on his head, despite the fact that it was indeed funny.

1 comment:

Karen Parke said...

I think it is best to wipe the "poop" incident out of our memory!