Monday, February 2, 2009

Mama Sick

Mama felt like poo by the time we got home from the allergy doctor on Friday; so much so, that I crawled into bed and didn't emerge until this morning. Such is my migraine lot in life sometimes. It stinks to have little gnomes living in your brain equipped with pick-axes and drills who feel it is their sole purpose in life to rearrange the bits of your skull holding your brain together. Oh well, that was my weekend.

Bryon and Collin, however, hung out as men. Well, as manly as they can be with Bryon as Daddy. Kidding. But, we all know that Bryon isn't Mr. Tough-Guy. He did, watch the Superbowl though. And, he made chili...with lamb. Yeah, it was a bit gourmet and not so much fart. I did sneak down to take a picture of them watching the Superbowl. Doesn't it look like Collin is yelling at the T.V.? He's not. He's yawning, which is exactly what I'd be doing if I was watching too. Hee hee. I felt too crummy to put up a fuss about him watching "T.V." for that long, so he got to watch the whole thing. Bryon claims he got bored and didn't watch the whole thing anyway, so I'm consoled by that fact. Oh well, one time that the darn thing's on won't kill him.

But, they hung out and read stories and Collin did his usual "in a box" trick for him. I swear, that kid never gets sick of putting himself in boxes. He's a goofball. I missed it though and didn't realize what they'd been up to until I reclaimed my camera this morning. Awwww. Cute.

But, the best part of being sicky all weekend was that I got a present. Collin spotted this monkey at the store and got all jazzed about it, so I'm told anyway. Daddy told him that they should get it for me and Collin agreed instantaneously. Whatever transpired at the store, the result was my sweet boy dashing up the stairs exclaiming, "Mama Sick!" and handing me, willingly mind you, this monkey to make me feel better. It did.


Now, Homer can stop helping with the laundry....


And, Collin can stop hiding under the bed....

For fear that Daddy will comb his hair again...

Mommy feels better and is back to take care of everything again :)


Man, everything goes to hell in a handbasket when I'm not around! I'm kidding, of course! Bryon waits on me hand and foot when I don't feel good. He even puts a walkie talkie radio on my nightstand so I can beep him with my every desire. Awesome, right?

No comments: