Monday, February 9, 2009

What Collin Gets Up to In the Rain

It's rained for almost five consecutive days now in sunny California. I shouldn't really whine about it, considering I could be living in the cold, miserable states. But, it's sucky, really. We are used to warm sunshine and park-days, every day. It's brrrr outside at a balmy 50 today. I actually turned the heat on and I am literally wearing the hoodie part of my sweater right now because I'm a big baby. So, needless to say, we've been trapped inside...AGAIN. Yesterday's nip outside for a run was a brief bit between rain showers, I guess.

So, my little man has found things to entertain himself despite this lack of outdoor entertainment. Me, I'm going bonkers. He has found a new found, deep relationship with his own bedroom, a room he normally just pops in and out of for sleep and poop. Well, he spent a good part of the morning in there because it's got a dump-worthy box of books. Oh yeah, and I wasn't invited. Nice, huh?

I kept being told, "No, Mama!" But, if I went away for more than two minutes or so, I was beckoned back. Apparently, he's stretching his little wings. Which is adorable. Almost as adorable as when he pulls me under his crib, his "tunnel" to share "secrets." He never has any to tell me, but he thinks that's what we're doing anyway. Sometimes, he gets the idea and at least hisses in my ear.

By about eleven, we moved our rainy-day party to the playroom, where he discovered that Daddy tried to convince me that Fat Tire in a 24-pack is the same price as Bud Light in a 36-pack, so he should just buy the Fat Tire. No, I would never condone anyone drinking Bud Light, but even I can do math. Apparently, Daddy tried to up the value of our purchase by letting the box double as a toy for Collin.

Collin was mucho pleased. I mean what kid wouldn't like a cardboard box to begin with and one with divided caddy compartments too! Whoa! There's something a little wrong with seeing a sippy cup and a can of fake bean salad in the little compartments though, I think.
Alas, nothing exciting to report today, except that he told me he ate garbage. I'm not sure I believe him. At least, I hope it's not true. My tried and true control question, following up the same question and filling in the word "spaceship," yielded the same affirmative response (i.e. did you eat a spaceship?); so, I'm thinking he maybe didn't. We'll see in a few hours when he poops again, I guess! Eat that fiber kid!

1 comment:

Karen Parke said...

There is nothing more fun than a box to play with....especially one with compartments.