Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Mama Gifts!

I was too enraptured with love for my sweet hubby last night to take a picture of what he did for me, so I'm all the more glad that he took a picture of Collin enjoying part of it, which makes it even sweeter! Well, despite the fact that my kid was eating chocolate chip cookies on my good chairs. Ack! I was disappointed all day yesterday that I unknowingly polished off the last of a GIGANTIC cookie that my in-laws sent us for Valentine's day. You might wonder how I polished it off unknowingly. It wasn't because I was in a chocolate induced coma, or eating while sleeping like those people on drugs. Well, it's because my sweetie-pie brought it to me when I hinted at maybe wanting a slice of it while we were watching a movie, upstairs in our room. I didn't know it was the last slice, and the next day, I complained that had I known it was the last slice, I would've relished it more! Hey, Mrs. Fields frosted chocolate chip cookies are mmmmmmm good!

Anyway, I went to a Pampered Chef party last night (by the way, if you need anything, ask Jen, she's the lady!), and while I was away, my hubby thought, hey, I'll make my gal some more cookies. He doesn't bake. But, he tried. He busted out my FAMOUS recipe for cookies, the one that has people eating dozens of cookies when they don't even LIKE cookies and he attempted them. Awwww. And, he had help. Collin....I guess that was AFTER he got Collin out of Daddy's shirt, which he insisted on putting on and then parading around in.

When I got home, he had them arranged on our "You are Special Today," plate. He even tried to make some in the shape of hearts. Can you believe this guy? Me neither.

Collin, not to be outdone today, has been giving me my favorite face all day. He knows that I'm a sucker for his "ham and cheese" smile. He has been shouting "ham cheese!" all day and then giving me his famous smile that is totally lame and scrunchy but melts my heart every single time I see it. It's been lighting up the room every other second. I'm not sure what he's up to with this cute act, but I'm pretty sure he's trying to get something out of me...a new car, some extra happy meal, something.


P.S. Ignore the fact that he violently protests the making of this video at the start. The kid is a ham for the camera, and actually asks for me to make videos...then he goes nuts when I turn it on for some reason at the start of them. He's weird...and I need to learn to edit. Oh yeah, and by the looks of it, you'd think he gets nothing but french fries! Only on Tuesday. It's crazy to try to get lunch and dinner prepped...so he gets his famous happy meal on the way home from speech therapy which backs right up to lunchtime. He's going to be really bummed if next week is, in fact, our last session!

3 comments:

Karen Parke said...

That video was just tooooooo cute !

I'm Erin. said...

awwww, what a ham! (& cheese)

Kelly said...

yum...you're famous cookies! i still remember those from - how long ago was it - 2 years ago?