Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Animals Thought Wrong

We all thought it would be a harmless day. Collin woke up with another hat obsession. So, surely no one else would be in harms way...right? Wrong. Well, at least until Homer decided to poke the bear. I mean, it was his fault, really. He shouldn't have been lurking there behind Collin's "ammal" book. What was he thinking? Playing with such an important part of Collin's library?

He deserved what he had coming to him. (P.S. This video is nothing without the sound)

And Eddie, it's his fault for having eyes...and ears. They are just so yankable.

Okay, and even I admit to the occassional snout shove like this, allbeit without the joyous grin Collin's sporting. You'd do it too if you were being slobbered on with the amount of kisses this dog gives out. I know, I know, he looks pitifully sad when you shove him away, doesn't he? It's awful. It's like kicking an old lady across the street instead of helping her.

No, I don't let Collin torture our animals. That would be cruel. Collin is 90% sweet to them. Most of his chasing of the animals is because he wants to "hug" them, which in reality is sweet and loving. Just because the animals see this chasing in a different light, doesn't mean is technically cruel. And, Homer does go back for more, over and over and over again so I do think he sort of asks for it. I know his head is very, very small so maybe his brain lacks the capacity for reason; or maybe, just maybe he likes the chase. And, maybe I'm mad at him for chewing my new shoes (wait, isn't it the dog that's supposed to do that?); so, I let the kid chase him from time to time.

Anyway, the animals were definitely wrong this morning when they thought nothing would be amiss with their day! Besides, I think that it's hard for even them not to forgive Collin when he gives them this face.

2 comments:

Karen Parke said...

You are fortunate to have two such friendly animals !!!

I'm Erin. said...

Funny! Love the picture of Homer's eye peeking through the book handle too.
And I don't know how you can not realize how much Collin looks like his Daddy! Look at that last picture-- I can totally see Bryon.