Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What Looks Like the Most Fun?

Yesterday, Collin didn't want to get up from his nap. This is not unusual. I don't like to get up, either. Ever. What's to enjoy about it? The bed is warm. The floor is cold. Jammies are snuggly. Clothes are decidedly less so. Pillows are smushy. Nothing else is. So, if I let him, he'd blabber away in his crib until dinnertime and be happy about it, especially since his pacifier is in there. Still, I feel somewhat neglectful if I do that too many days in a row; because, shouldn't I be playing with him or something? Human interaction of some kind? I'm kidding, of course, I make him get up when he's awake! At some point....

But yesterday, he was having such a blast with his pacifier. He realized, for the first time, that his spit makes bubbles. Yes, that's a boy. Spit, makes bubbles. And, even more shocking than that bit of juicy info, they sit on his pacifier for an almost indefinite amount of time after he takes out of his mouth and he can make more and more of them as he plucks it in and out of his mouth. Wow! Endless amusement. Needless to say, it was hard to get him out of there. So, what could top that fun?

So, I thought I'd tempt him with the thought of a big boy walk! Ooooh! We normally use the stroller to trudge to the park because it's a whopping block and a half away but in Collin distance, that's about sixty-two miles. There are at least nine million ants to look at; a billion sticks to pick up and the leaves; by God the leaves!!!! to pick up. If we want to get there before dusk, the stroller's the best option. Anyway, we took the big boy route and it was pretty fun. And, it got him out of the crib.
So, was the walk the most fun he had in the past 48 hours? Hmmm. It was pretty fun to make sure all the sand from the playground made it onto the tree trunk. That was pretty awesome too. It's pretty important for mud to get carried from shovel to tree. I was unaware that trees need mud to survive. Did you know that?

But wait! There's more fun to be had. Yep, Disneyland. And, to top our usual Disneyland adventure, we went with Grace and Kari. He was so excited. He kept saying we were going to ride "Peper Pan!" It was adorable to watch them waiting together. Seconds after I took this picture, he finagled his way INTO the planter section. Don't ask me how, but the other patrons found it immensely amusing. I did not. The kid is always in my sights and I have a hand on him 98% of the time. It was an impressive escape. I'm amazed at his cunning.

For more fun, we rode the teacups again and again there was no vomit. So, that's always good. Collin managed to figure out how to turn the wheel in the center this time for added spin-a-tude, so I'm nervous for rides from here on out. Since the wind resistance had him plastered to the side wall this time, it was a safe bet that he could hardly reach the wheel most of the time. And, since Grace thinks you spin it in the opposite direction, we were all safe from barfing.


Still, I think he might've enjoyed the carousel most of all because it was something he hadn't ridden before. He kept yelling "up high! down low!" each time it bobbed. The best part for Mommy, the most fun for her? When Collin kissed his horse goodbye. How cute is that?
He was ONCE scared of a carousel about six months ago in Santa Monica, so I was a bit nervous about riding this, as it's the only thing, other than dastardly dust I can honestly say that this kid has ever expressed fear over. But, phew, no fear!

The worst part? Two kids in the backseat all the way to the hap-hap-happiest friggin' place on earth fighting about touching one another and pulling one another's hair and crying about it. Yet, if you separate them, ohhhh, it's so awful to be apart. What is the deal with that? Collin cried hysterically for her the second she was out of the car but if she so much as lays a finger on him it's like her fingers are made of hot pokers and the same goes for him touching her. Ahh, young love. Wait a minute, that's how I still feel about Bryon.

1 comment:

Karen Parke said...

It looks like Collin and Grace had a fantastic day! I love the pictures.