Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Belated Valentine's Day

Okay, it's not Valentine's Day anymore. That's because Valentine's Day was yesterday and I ruined it by finding myself with another bummy headache. Is it just me or am I getting more and more of those lately? I am kind of annoyed by them too. Bryon's bullied me into calling the doctor this week and we'll get to the bottom of it. But, we had a nice Valentine's day anyway...today.

We got a family present. Bryon got us a family membership to the L.A. Zoo because I love the zoo and Collin can't get enough "ammals." He is obsessive about playing with all his animal toys, especially the Little People and all their play areas lately. He pretty much insists though that they all are either going night-night and we should all be quiet or that they are outside going poop or pee. That's a kid for you.

Anyway, after I changed his shirt on Valentine's day because Daddy didn't dress him in appropriate attire for the day (seriously, no heart shirt on Valentine's Day...what WAS Daddy thinking?!), I crapped out and spent the rest of the day incommunicado. Alas, they had fun and Daddy informed me that Collin got up close and personal with his chair. Apparently, Collin decided that he and his chair have not been properly introduced from all angles just yet, a fact that he was eager to rectify in my absence.

Alas, after he untangled, we went to the zoo today, where father-son bonding continued.

Daddy insisted that I take this picture of them admiring the most dangerous of all the animals at the L.A. zoo...the tree. Yes, for some reason, there is a pen of trees in pots. Why? Who the heck knows; but, they are actually cordoned off in a pen. Surely it's a landscaping project that is not finished, but it has been like that for a long time, so it's a running joke.

And, if you thought the relationship with the chair was now fully explored, you were wrong. Since they got better acquainted yesterday, Collin thought he might move onto third base. That's topless, right? Well, whatever base topless mounting is, Collin did it. Yeah, I probably should've gotten him down immediately, but it was pretty funny to see this for a quick second, so I snapped a picture first. No, he didn't fall and crack his head open.

Happy Valentine's Day, Everyone!

No comments: