Tuesday, February 10, 2009

And...Why My Kiddo Rocks Today

I can't help but love the little guy every day; but, today I'm on cloud nine with my main man. Last night was a rough evening, as it always is on February 9th; but Collin came through for Mama. He got up from his nap and knew the way dogs know, that "Mama sad." He cuddled me all afternoon and upped the hug-ante. I got more kisses than I asked for and more hugs than I could use. Wait, is that possible? No. Never mind. I got more hugs than I could dream of. That's better.

I got story snuggle time all evening, which was awesome. Sad will be the day when both of our little bottoms don't fit in the Lazy-Boy anymore. Either I'll have to get smaller, he'll have to stay the same size forever, or we'll have to buy a wider chair. Which option do you think seems the most reasonable? Yeah, don't even bring up the idea of moving to the couch, that's not as snuggly.
He drew lots of pictures on the grocery list too, which is way too adorable for words. He thinks it's helpful. Daddy thinks it's wasteful. I think is funny. He brings the pictures to me and tells me, as usual, they are of elephants. It always makes me smile. Today, it made me smile even more because guess what it was supposedly a picture of this morning? Zach Braff! Ha!

He was a good boy at dinner last night too, which is always a gamble. Dinner can be thrown on the floor, eaten with gusto, spit back on the plate or go off without a hitch. We can be forced to "cheers" our glasses over and over again until our food is all cold, or we can have a normal conversation. It's all a toss up. But, it's like he knew the extra place setting at the table meant we should be able to talk to one another. He was sweet and even ate what was in front of him without excessive (not without some, of course) begging for bread. Why do breakfast and lunch always go more easily than dinner? Weird, isn't it?

And, he is a near graduate of Speech Therapy. Amber is in the process of evaluating is progress and he scored off the charts today for his comprehension skills. I'm so proud of my little guy. He was literally blowing the questions out of the water. It's hard not to feel like sticking your chest out and strutting around when professionals give you big, fat numbers and tell you how amazing your kid is. So, wheee my kid's amazing! Did you guys know that? I did. He's got a bit to go on the evaluation for expressive language over the next few sessions and that will be the real gauge of how far we've come but I have confidence that he's made real progress.
So, I love my sweet, napping son today. So long as he continues to nap for the requisite amount of time!

No comments: