Friday, March 6, 2009

Why Collin's Life is Awesome

So, we all know that Thursday is the best. I mean, what isn't great about garbage day? It's pretty much the end-all-be-all of Collin's existence; especially since I've given up the ghost and let him put off nap time in the afternoon until he comes back as the recycling man in the afternoon and let him stay up to watch him drive by again. That means he gets to see the big blue truck drive by FOUR times. Yeah, we live in a sort of cul de sac, so he goes around a loop and back and it's pretty cool to see him go by in the a.m. as the garbage man and then the p.m. as the recycling guy. If he changed hats or something, it'd be like he was a superhero. How can I top this day? Well, with a cookie. Yeah, I gave him his first taste of what I like to call Mommy crack. While we waited for the guy to make his second round of the day, in order to stretch out the time, I gave him a treat. I wanted a cookie, so I gave him one. The girl scouts delivered them the other day and I couldn't resist them so I gave in. I'm pretty sure he liked it. What I didn't like was that the garbage man pulled up while he was eating it so he was covered with chocolate when we went out to meet the guy. Gross and embarrassing. Did I mention he wasn't wearing any pants because I had to strip him in the garage because he was covered in mud from the park? So, I had a pantsless, chocolate covered kid waving at the garbage man? Classy.
Anyway, how do you top that? With a trip to Granny's of course! Collin's pretty geeked about that. He wanted to go so badly that he jumped right in the suitcase. We convinced him to get out of there and ride in the car seat of course, but he was eager to go nonetheless. It was a pretty easy ride up, especially since he had monkey and blankie. Mommy even got to do some shopping at the outlet mall. It's amazing how fast she can get in and out of the J.Crew outlet! Yes, I spent money.
Daddy's favorite part of the Granny visit so far? Eating hugs. When we go out to eat, Collin finds it essential to hug him mid-meal. Can that be any sweeter? It's adorable. I prefer not to sit near Collin for precisely this reason because while it is totally sweet, his hands are usually covered with food and my clothes get hand prints on them. Is that awful?

1 comment:

Karen Parke said...

Looks like you all had a good trip up to Bryon's mom's house....Have fun this weekend.