Sunday, March 15, 2009

Cute...But Annoying!

Yep, Collin's still doing the "underwear" dance. He spent the last two days on a roll of using the potty...until today. He had a bad poop incident this morning, a two-fer if you will. I should've known that the little bean that he squeezed out wasn't the end of the show; but hey, I had hopes. High hopes. I also had hopes that when he was "helping" me with the laundry, that he was doing just that, so I took a few shots. I mean what is cuter than my little man in those way too cute kiddo underwear doing work?

Then, I realized what I was taking a shot of. Yeah, what do you think he's doing here? I realized just a moment too late to get in on the action and get it in the potty. Oh well. Damage done. And he's now scarred for life. What is with kids and poop? I love the kid though. He's so darn funny. He just wants to do it so badly.
But, he found a way to annoy Daddy today too. Daddy and Collin went on a walk and heard the fog horn. I was out shopping. Apparently, Daddy explained that the fog horns beep. Well, Collin then stood on the corner and would not be moved for five minutes solid, where he repeated, "fog horn, beep!" Then, when he got home, he stood at the window, shouting the same, endlessly for ten minutes. I got a taste of it all evening as well. Conversations went something like this.

Mommy: Hey, what is that? (pointing to a picture in a book)
Collin: Fog horn beep
Mommy: Ummm, no. Try again. It's the mommy chicken. What's that called?
Collin: Fog horn, beep
Mommy: Ummm.
Collin: Fog horn, beep! Fog horn, beep
Mommy: I'm so glad we took you to speech therapy because you're learning to talk has been such a blessing to us all.

Anyway, pretty annoying. This is not a picture of Collin annoying Gracie with the fog horn business, just annoying her in general; but, I thought it fit.

1 comment:

Karen Parke said...

Fog Horn Beep....that is a new one! Mommy, can't you provide a fog horn when you little boy wants to hear one? I though mommy could do anything.