Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wadda Blankie!

I know I've told you this before, that Collin has a penchant for wrapping his blankies around his waist "towel" style when he's in freak-out mode. Well, he's taken that to a whole new level lately. We have to make a point of keeping his blankets in the crib or it's an endless game of wrapping and rewrapping the blankets around him because, let's face it, blankets don't stay wrapped unless you staple-gun them to his gut and then you end up with blood stains on them and that's just something I don't like to have to scrub out.

Anyway, apparently he knew he was bracing himself emotionally for a big day today: TWO, yes TWO poops in the potty and so far THREE pees in the potty, so he needed some blankie wrapping last night to prep for it. One blankie wouldn't do. No sir. He needed both blankies at the same time. This rendered him nearly immoble and caused Mommy to have to follow him around to fix the second one every nanosecond because it would NOT stay on. Whatever. He was happy.

And, for some reason, this request is not called, "Wrap blankie," which he's capable of saying since he can say both of those words. No, for some reason, he calls it, "Wadda blankie." Hmmm. I have no idea what "Wadda," is. You'd think that might be what he would call, "water," since it sounds so much like it. Nope on that too. He calls water, since he lives so close to Mexico and wants to combine heritages, "Wager," thus combining water and agua. I make no sense of the speaking habits of toddlers.

Anyway, he looked ridiculous and totally adorable. I hope this isn't a sign that he'll enjoy wearing evening gowns in his distant future. I probably don't help matters in this regard by encouraging his love for fine china. I mean look at how nice my table looks with all my cool dishes! I'm even getting Daddy in on it. He's the one who had to get dinner put together yesterday while I ran errands and HE'S the one who chose to use my dishes to make me smile. (yes, Collin's at the big boy table and not with his baby tray...finally...and NO he's not in a nice chair)

Oh, and this face? My only explanation for this joyous expression at bath time is that Collin must've known that only moments later, after he went off to la-la land, his Mommy and Daddy would be click-click-clicking away online buying him his birthday bounty. Yes, we can hardly believe it but the boy will be two in only a few short days! Practically driving age!!

1 comment:

Karen Parke said...

I absolutely love the dishes !!