Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Any Excuse for Cake

The day may not have started off looking so great. I mean, who wants to wake up being greeted with a camera, with a flash, stuck in your face? Well, I certainly don't. Still, that's how, all too frequently, my poor kid is greeted. Otherwise, how else would I get such winners as this?

And this?

And this? I'm pretty sure he used to have eyes. By the way...this is a pretty tame morning as far as the "messed up" hair thing goes. I've given up fixing it anymore. It looks like a rat's nest all the time.

Yeah, I know they are all great, right? Or not. I think this one is blurry because he's using his evil glare powers to destroy the picture. He's learning his "dirty look" from me. It's the face I give Bryon when he says he's leaving town again.

But, his day was bound to improve when I told him that it's his only cousin's birthday. What's in this for him, he wonders? Well, since Michael is far, far away, we don't get to have cake with him; but we can have cake in spirit. (Do you think my kid needs an excuse for cake...don't worry, it's angel food, and a small slice!) So, I told him if he could say "happy birthday, Michael," he could have cake.

Yeah, he said it. No surprise. In fact, he said it, running down the stairs, running through the kitchen, running to his chair and then pounding on the tray. Of course, the minute the camera is on, I have to coax it out of him by taking the plate away from him; but, whatever. Happy Birthday, Michael!
P.S. Michael, sorry that by the time he cooperated for the video, all you got was some incoherent babbling followed by "happy Michael!" It's all your gonna get. He's two! You know how it is.

1 comment:

Karen Parke said...

How touching that Collin celebrated Michael's birthday right from his house in California. I love to hear him talk.