Saturday, March 28, 2009

Happy Birthday C-Man...Sorry Everyone Else!

Did you think I'd be able to put up just one, or maybe two pictures Pish-TAW! You crazy, crazy fools! Well, I've already gotten e-mails admonishing the slow speed at which I've posted pictures to begin with. So, alas, without further ado: the Collin birthday recap that I'm certain the world's been hanging on the edge of it's seat waiting for! Ta-daaaaa!

First off, Daddy was obviously going to be at work when Mr. Important B-Day Boy woke up and we had to wait for him to open presents (Daddy's rule, NOT impatient Mommy's rule, of course!). I wanted him to understand it was his birthday anyway, so I convinced Bryon to go to the grocery store last night after Collin was in bed and buy some balloons to put on his chair to surprise him. Problem: the florist section of the store is closed at night and you can get exactly one balloon because that's what's already blown up. Or, you can get the ones on a stick. So, that's what Collin got. He was pretty happy with it anyway. Me, I was happy Daddy ran this errand. Isn't that sweet of him?Besides, ladybug balloons on a stick make great stirrers of pee pee crackers. Collin describes all crackers, cookies and snack food with the adjective phrase "pee pee" these days, as that is what he is rewarded with, on occasion for successful potty trips (if he remembers to ask!).

Eventually, of course, Daddy did get home from that stupid place he has to go (work) and we were able to start the important part of the day: presents! We are crazy parents because we got Collin a drum! He loves it. I'm taking a break from icing my head as we speak, just to do this blog. You're welcome. Of course, he got awesome presents from everyone. It's so fun to watch him open them! I took a million pictures. Don't worry, I only will show you a dozen or so :) Like this one, of him sitting in a big boy chair. I can't get over how adorable he looks when he sits in a chair and his little feet dangle in the air. It's the only time he still looks like a baby to me, despite the fact that he's almost a man! He's two for crying out loud. TWO!!!For the most part though, he hung out on the floor and tore into the paper like a mad man!
I was so impressed with him though. Despite the haul of presents on the table left to open. He actually paused after each one to play with it and look at it, actually appreciate it, before tossing it aside for the next one. We even had to read the stories he got.
Then, of course, it was time for CAAAAAAKE! He talked about cake all day, despite my having hid it from his view in the oven. He was sure he had to blow out the candles, because in Collin's words, they are "very very hot!" So, he was pretty keen to do it.
Once the kids were hopped up on crack, I mean cake, they had a blast playing with one of the three (yes three!) giant garbage trucks Collin now owns. And no, that's not overkill with this kid. He could stand to have a hundred. And, they had a blast with the new bubble bucket he got. This is definitely the faces of happy kids. Having a playroom in the garage, where you don't care about soapy bubbles getting all over is pretty awesome.
But, alas birthday fun has to end sometime. Collin and Gracie were pretty sure that if they both got back into their chairs, it would all start back over again and no one would have to go home or to their respective beds. They were, of course, wrong. But, it was cute anyway and I applaud them for trying.
To top of Collin's birthday, we went to the mall today to get his pictures taken and to get another family portrait taken. It's been awhile so it was definitely time. He was so stinking cute watching the computer advertising in the waiting area, that I had to take a picture. He was pretty convinced that this was a movie and he had to be peeled away. I think he's a sucker for advertising. And no, that's not his hat. I'm just glad he didn't touch it. Weird, probably-lice-infested-abandoned-dirty-hat on the desk. Gross.

Tomorrow...the zoo! Collin can't stop talking about it. And, this time he gets to bring Gracie and Baby Ben; so, he's really excited.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Collin is one lucky kid to have a mom and dad who would buy him a drum! Not to mention the trips to Disneyland and the zoo.

I guess that takes away the threat that we'll buy him a drumset. Gramps says we'll bring you a trumpet, a tuba, and a train whistle.

Maybe this is a sensitivity treatment for migranes.. the more noise you hear, the less sensitive your head will be??? You're a trouper, Rachel.. and thanks for posting the pictures... I've been pressing refresh all day!

Jen R said...

Happy Birthday Collin! It looks like you had a great day and then you get to follow it up with a trip to the zoo, Paige and Austin are jealous!! We will have to go with you sometime to the zoo or the aquarium (we have passes to both of them).

Karen Parke said...

What a fun Birthday Collin had. I hope you will post these pictures on snapfish or some site so that we can get copies made. Kiss my "two year old" grandson for me.

PS I loved the cake!