Saturday, March 21, 2009

Collin's Career Aspirations...and Aunt Robyn

I know it's pretty soon to be putting high hopes on the little guy; but you know how I'm secretly pining away for the Air Force Academy and Bryon's hoping for anything ballet related so he can go to dance recitals. Still, Collin has let his true dreams out of the bag today. Plumber!

Okay, the real deal is that now that he's wearing underwear all the time, some of his pants are sagging in the seat. I have to be more careful about my wardrobe selection these days for the kid, I think. I need to make sure I select pants that don't let it all just hang on out there. What do you think? You could put a quarter in there!
Anyway, we made it through three days with only ONE pee accident. ONE! And, that includes nap time wetting. I am so proud of the guy I could pee my pants; but I won't because that would up our pee accident total in the household and that just wouldn't be cool. And, drum roll for this...He pooped in the potty again. Wahoo!!! Only once in those three days, but it counts, folks. It friggin' counts! When in you are in the potty training trenches, sopping poop out of itty-bitty underpants and picking it up off the floor as it drops out of those cute little underwear, one little bean in the potty when he claps is little hands in excitement erases all those other "accidents." Hooray! It happened this evening. So, we're all excited.

Even, Aunt Roty (Robyn), who got here this morning, is excited. She got to enjoy the full "experience" of Collin, which means she was dragged to his favorite spot...under the crib. Does this look like fun, or what? I think, she took the "or what" answer, especially when she realized I was taking a picture of her BE-hind, especially when she knows that any picture I take is pretty much fair game for this blog. Still, what a fun Aunt Roty for climbing under there with him and playing. That's why he wore his "My Aunt Rocks" T-shirt today to greet her...until he got poop on it. He's so happy to have her here that he's kind of forgotten about us and he's overly excited. He won't go to sleep and keeps asking for her. He, of course, wanted her to read all his bed time stories and he stood up mid-pee to make sure she was watching, thus peeing all over the bathroom. So, you could say he's pretty happy to have her around. I can't wait to see the effect she has on his enjoyment of Disneyland! Oh...and by the way...Daddy and Collin had an AMAZINGLY fun time while waiting for Aunt Robyn this morning. Can you tell? It seems like a side note, tagged on the end here; but it's not. I just had to mention it. I mean, look at this! Does this kid love his Daddy or what?

2 comments:

Karen Parke said...

I am so happy that aunt Robin brings such joy to your family.

Annie Pennington said...

CONGRATULATIONS on the wonderful potty progress!!! YEAH!!! I ADORE the last photo of Collin and Bryon! Collin is SOOO happy!!!