Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ewwww...A Kiss!

What more needs to be said, really?

By way of explanation, Collin and I were in the throes of a camera lesson. I was teaching him how to take a picture by pressing the button. He took some real stunners of the cat, the carpet and the couch cushions. Then, I showed him how to take some self-portraits, like the one above, by holding our arms out with the camera. Then, of course, I tricked him with the kiss moment. Yeah, the aim is off and we have more plant than picture; but, he squirms and it's still cute.


Meanwhile, while he looks tortured, he's become the sweetest kid on the planet when it comes to nap and bedtime. He has this new habit of wanting to snuggle on my lap and tell me all about his day. I give him free reign to talk endlessly and I ask him open ended questions, allowing him to elaborate. Sometimes, I get weird, outlandish tales that amount to nothing more than weird lies (like all he ate all day was ice cream). Sometimes, it's adorable. Like yesterday, by bedtime he was finally ready to admit, without prompting that he had, indeed, hit Gracie on purpose and he was concerned that she was sad. Awwww. Maybe I don't feel so badly about stealing a kiss.

1 comment: