Friday, March 13, 2009

Stress Relief

Collin has decided, yet again, that today is an underwear day. He's also decided that he's deathly afraid of anything to do with poop. He pooped his pants; but, don't let him know it. He not only wouldn't admit that it happened, but when we got to the bathroom to clean up the "evidence," he tried to wedge himself into the corner between the wall and the toilet; all the while screaming "No poo-poo pants! No! No!" Of course, when a kid's pants are half down when he wedges himself in such a position, guess what happens? Yeah, poop falls out on the floor, he steps in it and you get ground-up turds. It was AWESOME! And, now he's even more terrified of poop.

I'm not sure where this came from considering he used to think poop was awesome. Maybe it was from the time I beat him silly when he pooped his pants. Or, it was from the time I made him eat it. Or, it was from the time I gave him a six-hour time out for pooping. Wait, none of that happened. Oh, it's because kids are weird about poop. Anyway, after that "incident" he still refused to wear a diaper and then, hours later, FREAKED out about peeing too. Still, he wouldn't pee in the diaper either. I LOOOOOVE potty. Love it. This resulted in our infamous 40 minute tantrum.

He didn't want to pee in the potty. He didn't want to pee in the diaper. He didn't want to forget the whole thing and eat lunch. He didn't want to go to bed. He just wanted to cry. Endlessly. Loudly. Thrashing on the floor. It was the best 40 minutes of my life. I hope to relive it again soon.

Eventually, we calmed. Pee was made in the potty without wrestling, coercion bribery, trickery or any yelling (yaaaaay Mommy!) and the day has progressed. Collin has taken a nap without peeing in bed and even woke up mid-nap to go potty. Phew. I count this as a successful day so far. Each little success is all I can hope for right now. Should he want to wear a diaper tomorrow, or even at his wedding, whatever. I'm cool with it. Seriously.

To relax, I dug through my old pictures and found this winner. It is of the happiest day of my life.

What did you expect? A wedding picture? A glowing post-birth picture? Pishtaw! Since you can't tell who it is, I feel okay posting it. Heck, you can't even tell it's me...IT IS!!!! I had a meanie of a boss who HATED me. We had a fundraiser to get to throw pies at faces and since everyone knew what a (you can fill in the expletive) this guy was to me, they bought me a pie. Throwing a pie at this guy was the single greatest stress-relieving moment of my life. The applause generated from rubbing the whipped cream on that head was awesome. Ahhhh, I can hear it now. Okay, I'm ready for more potty training.

No comments: