Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Personal Cheering Section

I always heard that it's pretty much a faux-pas to clap for yourself, regardless of the situation. Apparently, that bit of advice has gone out the window for Mr. Collin of late. At least for potty training anyway because he claps when even the slightest bit of pee finds its way into the potty, and I do mean the slightest bit of pee, like say a microscopic droplet. Still, it's standing ovation time when (that's right folks, I said when, not if!) he poops.

But, this round of applause is for stacking his bananas atop his toast this morning. If I'd known that that was an applause-worthy event, maybe I'd have stacked my breakfast too. Who knows what's worthy of applause when you are Collin. See, I do all kinds of things that I think are worthy of his applause, like raise him, but alas, no clapping. If only I'd known that stacking bananas was the ticket. Silly Mommy.

No comments: