Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Back to "Normal"

No one in this family ever claimed to be normal. But, Aunt Robyn left us this morning, returning to Mississippi and that means our life has returned to "normal" (aka Roty-less). We miss her terribly. Collin's first words this morning were alas, not "MAMA!" or, "Love you, mama!" or, "Gee ma, thanks for all you do. It's so great that you are the first gal I see every morning and the one who cooks my breakfast, gets me dressed, takes me to the park and does my laundry every day. Heck, maybe I DO love you, after all!" NOOOOO, his first words were an indignant, "Aunt Roty!!!!" punctuated with a look like I'd hidden her from him.

Anyway, after my explanation that she's back in Mississippi with Icky (Uncle J), he seemed satisfied and promptly pooped in the potty. So, I think all is well in the house of McClain again. We passed a pretty normal day around here, until Daddy got home and he decided to become a crazy child. Daddy took him on errands and Bryon claims he became a terror-child in the store, touching EVERYTHING in sight.

I thought I'd share random pictures of what bedtime looks like. This is our kid, trying to escape getting dressed. Does every kid do this? We have to wrangle him from the corners, from the hall, from the light fixtures, any and everywhere. Then, we do stories and talk about our day.

You can also see why we are light years away from overnight pants, despite the pull ups (aka "special underwear"). Collin insists on downing an entire sippy cup of water immediately before bed. Apparently, he's a camel. And, don't even THINK of calling that a pull up. No siree, they are special underwear!

He's also getting his hair brushed by Daddy for a change instead of Mommy. Can you tell he looooves his hair? I'm thinking maybe we shouldn't cut it afterall. When it is all brushed out wet, it actually almost reaches his nose now. It's pretty sad. It takes so long to get all the tangles out though that he won't sit still and you have to actually pin him down. It feels a little like child abuse. Wait, maybe that isn't normal.

1 comment:

Karen Parke said...

Bryon's face is so serious!!