Monday, October 4, 2010

I'm Not Calling Him, Sir. Don't Ask Me.

Last time Bryon got promoted, we'd been dating all of two weeks. We were in the same squadron and Bryon insisted that, at his ceremony, we were two people who still barely knew one another, lest we break up and have it float all over the squadron that "those two, 'you know....'" We ate a lot of leftover cake that weekend, that he promptly kept at my house...where he had already been staying and didn't leave again for um, ever. I consider him a squatter.

This time it's safe to say he is willing to admit we are "together." Things have changed. (P.S. had I known my bra was showing this whole time, I would have "adjusted." Ugh. Donna said she didn't notice and that all she noticed was my skinny waist. I guess she's forgiven).

It is amazing to see the change in our lives of a block of time that a rank means. Our son, our son did his rank with me. Wow.

And as proud as I am of him, listening to the General list his accomplishments, I can't help but realize that this is really the long haul we are in for. Award, award, award, award, all of which Bryon refuses to tell anyone about because that's not his style. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I love this life of ours and I can't wait to see where it leads and I'm proud of my husband despite his refusal to be proud of himself. I mean Generals don't take time out of their days to promote Captains to Majors every day. Sometimes, it takes your family to tell you, "you done good."

Oh, and just in case you want to think he's all important; this is the last picture on the camera before the ceremony shots begin.

I cut his hair on Saturday night so he wouldn't look like a ragamuffin. Cleanup is always hilarious to me, especially when it involves nipple vacuuming.

Oh yeah, obligatory, "I love my wife, and she gets flowers for putting up with me when I'm promoted...."
Part two. Aren't they pretty. They smelled so good, they stunk up (is that the right word? how about fragranced?) the whole room. I had to divide them up. Pretty big bouquet. Maybe when he gets promoted to Lt Col, I will ask for a car.

2 comments:

Karen Parke said...

I am so very proud of Bryon....what a handsome Major he makes !!

I'm Erin. said...

Congrats to you both! :)