Saturday, October 2, 2010

I Washed the Car

Yes, it's breathtaking. Yes, it's beautiful. Blah, blah, blah. (It is kind of pretty, especially since it was taken with a cell phone camera in a supermarket parking lot).

The hose was also in a knot that took me ten minutes to untangle. And the vacuum fell over on my foot. And, I didn't attach the hose to the feed correctly and sprayed myself with water. Collin even came out of the playroom to say, "Look, that's my Mommy getting mad."

Those neighbor boys that I've mentioned that creepily ask you where you are going when you leave the house? They lurked with in elbow's reach of me until I invited them into the playroom and let them play with all of Collin's toys (not with Collin mind you, just his toys).

So, nice rainbow. Know what it means? It rained. All over my clean car. You'd think I would realize it was about to rain when I washed the car. Since it is California and rain appears out of a clear blue sky, I did not.

Ugh.

Back to homework...hopefully for the last weekend on my PC. Wish me luck adjusting to the newness of a Mac. I'm scared. Also, where can I find a behavior management therapist to modify my husband's habit of saying, "Macintosh" every time. I realize it isn't incorrect but he sounds weird. It's like saying, "automobile," or "davenport."

Oh, and Erin, sorry it isn't a double rainbow.

Oh and on a side note, when I took this picture, I was super frustrated, aside from the whole car thing. I pulled into the parking lot to pick up bread for dinner and there was a couple in the CENTER of the row with a shopping cart, ogling the rainbow. Why do people walk in the center of a row, ever? Ever? Ever?

They turned around to look at me driving, and trying to park and she literally shouted, "sorry!" waved and laughed and then stood there, with her cart and husband and continued to chat. For five minutes. Pointing at the rainbow. Five minutes, people. Five. No way around. It's a rainbow, not a spaceship.

What's the conversation going on between them, really?

"Honey, how long can we stand here and point before she mows us down?"
"Gee, I don't know, Estelle? Your leopard print stretch pants are pretty ire provoking"
"But the colors, oooooh the colors. I must look longer!"
"If I point longer, I look intrigued"
"Our ice cream is melting maybe we should move along"
"But indigo! There's indigo!"

1 comment:

I'm Erin. said...

They were probably singing the Double rainbow song in an effort to coax it into multiplying.