Thursday, October 7, 2010

Collin: The Science Kid

I wonder what they whispered on the whisper-ma-phone? Last time I was with Collin at this place, he told me, "I love you," over that thing. It was pretty cool. I have a sweetie pie for a son.

I don't know because I wasn't there. I was at home. Doing homework. I'm not complaining. Nope. Not at all. (Okay, a teensy bit, but only when I find out I missed moments like this).

It turns out I'm loving half my classes and not the other half. It is my final decision that Romantic Literature sucks. So, I'm working hard at making sure I spend the rest of my Master's in the Medieval period and working toward a focus in that, perhaps even a (gulp) thesis. But I don't wanna. Maybe if I show my advisor that previous sentence, I'll be excused.

Anyway, my boy is lucky. He has such a wonderful family. They all came down to see Bryon get promoted and couldn't wait to spend the day with Collin doing whatever his little heart desired. He was so happy to spend the day there. I was sort of hoping they would have an exhibit explaining the word, "echolocation," because he learned it a few weeks ago in passing somewhere and he's been using it inappropriately ever since. Alas, no. They did however have lots of "ecosystem" exhibits apparently, and he's now been using that word inappropriately.


I'm not sure what the heck this thing is, and I'm not sure that I want to know. I'll just go ahead and assume that Collin, and other children, are allowed and encouraged, to be swinging from that rope. Maybe it has something to do with "gravity." But, look folks, California has leaves that change too. We do have "seasons."

And, I don't mean to say that he's saying "Hey you! Ecosystem-head!" No, he just uses it slightly out of context like; he shouts at the top of his lungs and when he tell him to be quiet, he'll say, "but I'm using echolocation." Or today, he said, "my house is a good ecosystem, right?" Oh Collin, you are so darn cute.

No comments: