Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Mommy's Regression

Okay, so during the course of my Super Weekend, I mentioned that I saw "Twilight," right? I also mentioned that I kinda liked it enough to swipe the books from Costco when we were there the next day. Well, I neglected to mention that I sort of talked Bryon into going to Costco because I really knew they'd have the books.

Yes, we were out of yogurt and eggs and yes, we really kind of needed to go; but, I could've waited a day. No, I didn't want to. I NEEDED to start reading the darn things. I swear to God, I've become one of those raving teenagers who waited outside Barnes and Noble to get the next installment. Thank God I didn't discover this thing until all the books are out. I think I would've gone insane waiting for them.

So, it's now Tuesday and I've already finished the first one and am a third of the way through the second one. I literally cannot put them down. My son is starving in the corner, sitting in squallor, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't know who I am anymore because I do nothing but read and push him away. Kidding. But, I'm reading every second he doesn't pay me a lick of attention. If he's got a Lego in his hand and he thinks it's as fascinating as say, lint, I read a sentence. I'm so lame!

So, I think right now, you could place my age at about what...sixteen? I'm totally swooning over this Edward Cullen guy and I can't put the darn book down. Bryon went to sleep with one of those eye patches on last night because I stayed up with the reading lamp on until 11:30 to finish the first book...AND start the next one. I am sick.

Oh yeah and for Mel who thinks there should be a picture of Mr. Hottie-Pants...nope. Yes, there are adorable pictures of him reading with Collin and no, you shall not see them because I'm too embarrassed! Now, back to reading.....

1 comment:

Annie Pennington said...

Annie raises her hand with a red face and ashamed expression and meekly manages to stutter out the dreaded words, "I Annie Pennington have also been sucked into these books." Sigh. I'm Halfway through the third one and I'm seriously obsessed. I feel terribly immature for being so dang interested in a freakin' tween series of books, but gosh they are spell binding!!!! I seriously have started looking in public locations and the thought actually crosses my mind, "Hmmm...that handsome man is rather pale, is he a vampire? Do I see him sniffing in my general direction???"