Saturday, November 15, 2008

Why I'm Locking Myself In the Bathroom Tomorrow

I declare tomorrow night "Mommy Depression Day." My son has decided he's a "big boy." It's my fault really. I'm the one always trying to tell him, "Yaaay!" and "You're such a big boy!" for doing various things, like coming to me when I ask to put his shoes on, or putting his own clothes int he hamper. Most of the time, when he does these things, he gives himself his own standing ovation, very un-big boy like.

Anyway, having to telling someone they are a big boy is pretty baby-ish so I'm kind of okay with letting him think he's a big boy, so long as I'm the one having to provide him with that information, right? I guess that makes sense in my own screwed up logic way. Hey, I'm a Mom and he's my baby, the reasons why this is so, don't have to make sense to anyone but me, okay! But, he went and screwed the whole thing up the other day.

We went to the Getty Center in L.A. In case anyone has never been there, it's pretty awesome and you have to ride a tram up the mountain to get there. It's gorgeous. But, I digress. I thought, of course Collin would want to sit on my lap to be able to see out the windows of the tram. Nope. Laps are for babies, of course!
He squirmed and arched and even yelled! My sweet, quiet, calm man yelled! He plopped his little tooshie on a seat and clapped and then babbled what very clearly sounded like, "big boy!" then craned to see out the window across the aisle. Apparently, that's what he is: A BIG BOY! Waaaaa! Waaaaa! Waaaaa! When did that happen! I did not say that was allowed.

I blame Disneyland! He sits by himself next to us on all the rides. We don't put him on our laps and I think that's the culprit in all this. Darn that big boy encouragement. We even let him ride all the "scary" rides that the other parents tell us are too much, like supposedly "Snow White" and "Pinocchio." Mr. Collin gets off and signs "more! more!" Big Boy! Big Boy!

So, I officially declare tomorrow Mommy Sad Day for all this. Okay, since Mommy has another one of her "special" tummy tests on Monday, so she officially has to spend Sunday night in the bathroom "preparing" for her test, it is a sad day anyway!

No comments: