Wednesday, November 19, 2008

When Mama's Away....

The end result of my being locked away in my room for two days was that Dada had to take care of Collin exclusively. This caused me to endlessly miss my little guy but not to fear for his safety or well-being because Dada loves him as much as I do. And, since we are going through a Mama-only stage, it was probably just as well that this happened since it gave Dada and Collin a chance to hang without me to lean on...meaning Collin wouldn't rush to my side every 1.8 milliseconds, leaving poor Dada in the abandoned dust.

So, in my emergence into the light of day, after feeling better, I find that my guys have bonded. Yes, I was showered with endless hugs and kisses from my little guy who, apparently thought he'd never see me again. By the way, that was AWESOME! But, even more awesome is seeing the slight tip in equality of attention between Mama and Dada. Yep, Collin is now willing to let Dada read him at least one out of a dozen stories and he's willing to let Dada hold his hand too. It's like he now has TWO, yes TWO parents in this household.


Amazingly, he can even play with this second parent of his. This crazy, fun-loving second parent known as Dada was entertaining enough to capture his attention during dinner preparation yesterday, something that formerly, only Mama was capable of. In fact, if Mama was making dinner, Dada could light himself on fire, dance naked in the living room and offer him ice cream and nothing could distract Collin from whatever Mama was chopping. But, yesterday Collin was all about the onion Dada was dicing. Wheee!


And, Dada invented a new game with the ear infection truck! Not that it took a lot of innovation, but it was still fun. Yes, I call it the ear infection truck...what else should I call it? He got it because he had an ear infection and asked "peeese" at the pharmacy while we got antibiotics. I think it's aptly named, don't you? Anyway, he looks like he's having a pretty fun time with Dada here.





And, we've got new names now too...Daddy and Mommy. We've graduated from Dada and Mama, I guess. I still prefer the old names. But, I guess everything changes.

No comments: