Wednesday, November 26, 2008

To Think...I used to TEACH High School

Yes, it's complete. I'm now totally addicted to this "Twilight" thing. I actually read a complete book yesterday. So now I'm on the last series of the four. These are not thin, little wafty books either. These suckers are five hundred pages at their shortest. The last one, started this morning, is six hundred something.

Can you believe me?! That means yesterday I read two thirds of the second one AND the entire third book! I started it at seven p.m. and stayed up until 1 am! Okay, I read the last hundred or so pages on the treadmill this morning; but that didn't stop me from hauling into the last one immediately. I'm sick. Sick!
Bryon thinks so too. He found it immensely amusing to take these photographs of me ignoring the former center of my universe. To be fair, he was ignoring me too...at first! Look, he's completely amused, all by himself. What a joyful child.

Then look, he approacheth....He looks so pathetic trying to cram himself onto my lap and me, his Mother, his own flesh and blood, not letting him between me and my book!

And, yes the reason I'm sitting on the floor is because he whined that I was ignoring him too much on the couch, then on the chair, then on the other chair and he wanted me to be closer to him. I'm ashamed! Ashamed! Mommy is so cruel!

But, I think I'm making progress on the whole addiction thing. See, it's Turkey-Day eve; so, we've got a load of cooking to do. Before noon today, I made a pie, two chocolate cherry loaves and put dinner in the slow cooker. I also vacuumed the house and took Collin to play at the park. I didn't totally shirk my responsibilities to read. I'm recovering! I swear. But, I also threw him in the crib the second nap time hit...and I'm off to read.

Don't worry, the end is in sight. In about five hundred more pages or so, I'll HAVE to stop. I have no choice. It will be over. Please don't let this woman write any prequels or something. I don't think I could bear it. I have a theory that the publisher has coated the pages of these books in some sort of drug that has you craving the book. What do you think? It can't possibly just be that I'm nuts, can it?

2 comments:

Kelly said...

i'm still on #3. it's kind of boring to me. people keep telling me it's going to pick up, but i'm not as motivated to get through it. what i want to know is, have you read some of the book out loud to collin, in an attempt to make yourself feel like you're doing something beneficial while still fulfilling your selfish desires? um, because i don't know anything about that. ;)

I'm Erin. said...

I think Collin might outweigh you by the time he turns 3! He looks like he's crushing you ;)