Thursday, November 27, 2008

What I'm Thankful For....

It's Gobble-Gobble Day. Hooray! You know what that means? It means that it's time to think of things that make me happy to be alive. So, here goes...in no particular order:


1. That I'm a fast reader...Yep, I'm DONE with "Twilight!" Hoorray. I'm BAAAAAACK to "normal." And yes, it was that good. And yes, I stayed up almost all night to finish that last 750 page monster last night. It was awesome. But, I'm glad it's over. I can breathe again. I am kinda crushing on the idea of being a vampire though. Although, I think the whole series since Saturday, is that some kind of record?

2. That I have the best husband on the planet. Who else would have allowed me to be such an absentee wife and mother for the past few days? Who else would've just brought me a sandwich while I typed this, just because he's awesome? Who else is so special to me that my heart pitter-patters sometimes when I think of him? Awwww, don't get all mushy on me now. Oh yeah, and that he's taking me to the Tar Pits tomorrow and Disneyland on Sunday (my two favorite places EVER) and letting me put the Christmas tree up on Friday. Do you think he's sucking up for something?

3. My son. Yep, okay if I had to rank, you all know where he'd be. Let's not mince words. We've all seen the pictures (even this one that makes him look like John Candy). There's no denying how great he is. Words, words, words...might as well just type blank, meaningless words because nothing else will describe him anyway, right?

4. That I live in California. I have to throw that in there, hoping that the great and powerful Air Force somehow hears me and senses that I hate the snow and cold. Please, please great and powerful Air Force, no more Ohio. Please.....(Besides, look what would happen if we move, my son would reverse age and become nine months old again!!! ACK!)

5. My Family. All of it. I have probably, the best, best, best in-laws, all of them, in the world. They even flew and drove all the way to Vegas and trashed it up for us to watch us get married at the Little White Wedding chapel a few years back. Cool, huh? They are all so special, kind and loving. And, my family is wonderful too. And, when I say family, I mean the "family" you build in the Air Force too...those friends that you build at every base that become your second family, the ones you can call on in the middle of the night when your kid has to go to the emergency room and your parents, the ones you'd normally call for just such a case, live 3,000 miles away. What would I do without that "family." I'm so thankful for them...all of them, scattered all over the country, and the world!

Okay, I'm mushing now. I should stop before I start to cry...which I never do. Bryon accuses me of having a cold, black heart about these things...Guess joke's on him when he reads this!!!

Enjoy your turkey...I will be having none because I HATE turkey! Another think to be thankful for; we're having steak too. Yumm.

1 comment:

I'm Erin. said...

Maybe Bryon is sucking up for a sibling for Collin?? ;)