Thursday, October 9, 2008

The C-Dog!

My son is officially weird. I've been suspicious of this fact for a while, but now I know it to be true. I cannot deny it any longer. He is full-on weird. I'm just glad that when the official news broke, it was only Grace and Kari that witnessed his fall into the category because his little girlfriend already loves him, right?

At the park today, after we climbed the monkey bar bridge approximately 72 times in a row because he's decided that climbing it the normal way isn't good enough and now he needs to master it by holding onto the sides (which he can't reach) like a big boy, he broke down into weird zone. He literally decided that he was a dog, or some other bizarre animal that is yet to be named. Still, I've decided that since at least a dog is "normal," he's a dog.

He began running circles in the sand and then flopped down randomly on his stomach. Suddenly, he buried his head in the sand sideways, and began to drag his face along the sand the way you see dogs do when they have just had a bath and are vigorously trying to dry themselves on the carpet. He drug his head along the sand, digging a little tunnel of dirt for himself around the perimeter of the playground. It was really quite something.

Apparently he thought so too because he realized the hilarity of the situation and began spontaneously laughing at himself, which made further head-dragging impossible, as he rolled to his back in a giggle fit. He then, sat up and began his cleansing routine...a sand shower. This involved copious amounts of sand thrown into the air and over his head. Again, followed by a giggle fit and then more head dragging.

When we left the park, I had to de-sand him first. I took off all his clothes and yes, he was naked as the day he was born in public, and it was as if he was a different color altogether...gray. There was the equivalent of a full diaper of poo in his pants, which I changed before we went home. He was none too pleased to be so exposed in front of his gal, but I was not bringing him home in that condition.

I told him: don't do the crime if you can't do the time. Still, all's well that ends well. He seemed irritated at the clean up but had a great time. This is Collin before nap time...exhausted and mad that I delayed his sleep by taking a picture. Still dirty.

No comments: