Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Back to the high life

Yep, we're back to the big city living. I know I'm not a small town girl. But, I have to admit, I enjoyed the canoeing and the time with the kiddo. But, I did affectionately call the quiet, peaceful cabin that we hung out at the "toddler deathtrap." Considering that it came equipped with a balcony with slats three feet apart (yep, wide enough to step right through and plummet to your death), a steep staircase to the ground, easy access to the lake right outside the backdoor and to the road outside the front, I think it was an apt nickname.

Alas, it was so much fun for us though. Collin had so many eyes on his little adorable head the entire time, I don't think he could so much as sniffle without anyone wondering if he were okay, let alone trip and fall or splash unwittingly into the water and get hurt. Although the little neighbor girl from the next cabin over fell into the water while her daddy slumbered in a lawn chair. He woke up as my father-in-law plopped her dripping little self in front of him, having rescued her.

Still, we're home now, back where I like it, where there are more than three cars at a traffic light. But, I am trapped in the house. And, I'm not just trapped by the forty-two loads of laundry we accumulated on the trip or the dog hair so thick you could wade through it that I now need to vacuum (okay, I'm exaggerating); but, trapped by the stupid house painters.

The privatized people that own our house are painting the exteriors. Nice, yes. Annoying, yes. They have all the windows and doors taped shut with plastic and we are literally trapped and it's totally dark in here. It's eerie and weird and the dog really has to pee. So, I'd take me a little small town lake toddler death house that's super fun over this weird windowless paint fume house any day...even if it is in Columbus! Instead, I'll just sit here, take a deep breath and probably get a little bit of the high life here. :)

P.S. My favorite picture from the trip...isn't it awesome. Don't worry, I'm sure I'll sprinkle more throughout the week!

1 comment:

Annie Pennington said...

So glad Collin was so well taken care of during his stay at the "toddler deathtrap" :) Sounds like you all had a great little vacation!