Tuesday, July 7, 2009

What Mama Thinks of Daddy's New Hours

Well, with a new job usually comes a raise, right? Not so in the military, even if it is kind of a biggish deal, like being the general's exec. Bryon is all, "shh, don't make a deal out of it." I say, it's kind of a deal, right? If someone goes to work at 0630 and doesn't come home until his kid is in bed at night and someone is handpicked for the job, it's a deal, right? Anyway, sadly in the military, it being a big deal is supposedly reward enough. But for mommy, she got new shoes for herself for the big sacrifice that she is going to make for being supportive :)



Not that she didn't need them anyway. I told Bryon that when he runs more than .05 miles a week, he can have new running shoes. Currently, if the treadmill could talk, every morning, he'd say, "Good morning, Rachel, where have you been? I've missed you since yesterday." If Bryon stepped on there, he'd say, "Whoa there big fella! Who the hell are you? Have we met?"


This is also what I think of the new hours. Collin is missing Daddy. Can you tell? For anyone who knows me, this picture should be shocking. SHOCKING! I gave him one too. Kidding. I actually gave him two.

1 comment:

Karen Parke said...

nice new shoes...but I really don't care for the picture of you drinking a beer!