Friday, July 10, 2009

Cutest Non-Napping-Anorexia-Inducing Kid Ever!

Collin picked up my issue of Glamour magazine today. It was just lying around on the couch, and he thought, "Hmmmm, this is surely appropriate reading material for a two-year old boy. I mean, yes, I do need to know all about Cameron Diaz and the enlightened woman." The strange part, (yes the strange part), he opens to a photo of a woman with her back to the camera, wearing nothing but a thong and a impish little grin (what other expression would you have with that outfit?) and he says, "Mama, that's a hippo!" When I tried to correct him, he only got more insistent. Poor girl. Then, the more I thought about it, poor anyone who will have to live up to Collin's clearly exacting standards :)

Then, we had another brutal "nap-time" today. As you can see, it went well. And no, I don't actually drag my child across the ground, thump him in the legs with heavy objects or otherwise abuse him. He seems to somehow take care of the self-flagellation himself, successfully making his limbs look like his parents look like a walking billboard for child abuse.

This is the result of battling being exhausted. One might argue, oh give up on the whole thing. Let the kid stay up, right? Well, one might realize now that the kid is truly tired, huh? If only Collin would realize that!

He's also cute though too, right? See, have no fear; twenty seconds after this meltdown, he decided to ham it up. This is Collin telling me he's making a "happy face," and demanding that I photograph it for him.

This is his "sad face." It looks a little like Zoolander "blue steel" to me, but he's pretty insistent that it's "sad." Whatever; I see gasoline fights in his future.


This is his, "'I'm so adorable, you forgive me for the last few hours that I was supposed to be silent and sleeping, right?' face."

Of course I forgive you, you little crapper. Now, eat your delicious and perfect souffle that Mommy made you for dinner. What? What's that? Daddy's not home for dinner to see that they are scrumptious and rose to perfection? Oh, souffles don't even wait for kings? Hmmm, then we'll just enjoy them together. Besides, we all know who rules the roost around here.

3 comments:

Jen R said...

If Bryon decides that he isn't going to show up on time for dinner again, PLEASE feel free to call me :-) I would gladly eat his wonderful portion and even take the cutest non-napping kid off your hand in return!!

I'm Erin. said...

love the blue steel!
I feel your pain-- Alex stopped napping regularly shortly after turning two. Oh the misery.
Can't believe he fell asleep in that chair!

Karen Parke said...

Poor little guy, asleep in his chair....dinner looked very very good!