Saturday, July 4, 2009

Stuck on You

Collin is developing a taste far divergent from his mama's; that being for the less finer things in life. It's no secret that I don't shop at the cheap stores in the mall. Never have. Sure, I'm a sale-rack shopper, a bargain-bin gal, when I can, but I'm a gal of expensive tastes. Anyhoo, Collin seems to be developing a taste for the $1 rack. (remember the $1 drawing pad? oh yeah, still going strong!) Good for him. It'll serve him well in life. Wish I could develop that taste! I bought him a pack of $1 stickers at Target the other day (408 stickers for $1!!!) and this is the result.

He entertained himself with one page of the stickers for nearly an hour. An hour! One page!

There are six pages left in that darn book. It's clearly cheaper than a babysitter! I've found myself a bargain here, a real bargain!

The two flaws with this bargain: I was equally covered in stickers because it's of course not fun to cover only yourself with stickers, and he didn't have the dexterity enough to remove the stickers from the sheet himself, so he needed me to get them off the page for him; after that, it was smooth sailing. So, while it was all good fun, it's not alone-time fun in it's entirety.

And then.....there's this. You know how the little boy has this penchant for being wrapped in blankets? Well, we thought we'd broken him of that. Nope. Every once in a while he sees the blanket on the back of the couch and decides, "heck, I think I'd like to have no use of any of my limbs for a few seconds." This is the hilarious result. Free, good, silly fun for all. What a bargain.

No comments: