Monday, July 20, 2009

The Cutest OCD Sufferer Ever

So, it's pretty early to diagnose a mental disorder, sure. But the kid is pretty obsessed with straight lines lately. Seriously. Everything has to be "just so", or he freaks out. Sometimes, I have to take things away from him to prevent a meltdown. Let me be clear, it's my meltdown, I'm preventing, not his. See, he gets so frustrated that his cars, books, blocks, whatever don't cooperate in their umpteenth stacking or lining-up-to-perfection attempt, that his whining makes me insane and I want to bash said items into oblivion; so, the only logical solution is to take the toys away from the child, right? Case in point: books. It's always a good idea to take reading material away from a child, right?

Kidding, of course! I mean look at him, posing in pride next to his shame!

How could I take anything away from that face?
Oh, that's how. He's not always that cute.

Sometimes, he looks like this! And yes, we brush his teeth! I swear that's just food from that meal alone in there!

Other times, he's like this:



We watched "Curious George" the movie for the first time today because it was stinking HOT today and we don't have a/c in the houses here. Usually, the coastal breeze keeps our houses really cool and we don't need it. But, it's just warm enough right now that it's just not cutting it and it was too hot for my sweat monster to do much else but sit around, so a movie it was in the heat of the afternoon. Even in the evening, when he ran around a bit, he was dripping! Can he be any cuter than laughing hysterically at a movie? I'm pretty sure not. I may have had a better video but it was, perhaps, about three minutes long (yes, I actually videoed my son laughing for three minutes! What? I love him!) but; I didn't want to watch the poor 'puter try to upload a video upload for six weeks, or attempt to let anyone else begrudgingly watch it. You're welcome.

2 comments:

Karen Parke said...

For some reason the video did not come thru....just a blank white box. The stacking and organizaing of toys....exactly like his mother was as a child....EXACTLY......the "little people" had to be back in the bus just so, the blocks had to face the same way...you get the picture.

I'm Erin. said...

oh goodness, he's adorable :)