Saturday, July 25, 2009

No Killing the Cutie

Guess what Collin found in his play set in the backyard today? Guess? You'll never guess! She has eight legs and a big ol' red hourglass on her belly and she was protecting a pretty big egg sack. She was awfully ticked off that we killed her too.

I was awfully proud of my peanut for saying, "Mama! A 'pider! Look!" He came and got me before he touched it and he was a very good listener about NOT touching it, even after it was dead and he was a sincere listener to the lecture about not touching ANY 'pider, EVER! Phew. It's nice to live in California, ain't it?

Aaaah, but he's a cute little guy, isn't he. Collin, I mean, not the 'pider, of course. No wonder the black widow wanted to plant her little babies where she was sure to get a good view of my boy. I'm sure the babies that we smushed will be greatly disappointed not to be able to see him.
Oh well, their loss.

1 comment:

Karen Parke said...

That is just TOOOOOOOOO MUCH.